I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, December 27, 2021

Year One, Week Fourteen: Full Belly- Fantasy vs. Reality

Ah, the holidays...

Christmas is often spent in indulgences, and this year wasn't much different. But instead of gifts, we made food.

We usually bake a ton of goodies, but that wasn't happening this year due to the move. Our standard cookie baking binge is about 150 dozen; However, cookies for this year were a big fat zero.

And speaking of big and fat...


This was me during Christmas Day. I'd told the family I was opening my window completely, eating when they do, be it breakfast, lunch, or dinner. And snacks- let's not forget the snacks.

Despite our severe lack of cookies, I did pretty well in stuffing my face. Some of it was junky, but I ate good, belly-filling food for the most part. And like this cat, I ate myself into a food coma.

Last week I'd had a breakthrough- I'd finally broken my plateau and was on my way to my next goal of 300 pounds. I'm sure some of you are not happy with my complete lack of discipline, but I also bet some of you did exactly as I did. Maybe some of you are feeling guilty for doing so.

As for me, my guilt meter isn't even registering. Why? Because I planned to free-range eat for that day- and only that day.

I ate less the day before and the day after. And I learned something important. I never want to do that kind of eating ever again- even on my free-range holiday days.

I was so uncomfortable and bloated! I think I'd have done better eating smaller portions of everything I'd wanted instead of regular servings like everyone else. I might've even had room for a cookie or two had I baked them.

Yesterday I ate for a two-hour window and still felt a bit bloated. So today is going to be a light day.

And before you ask, I didn't even consider getting on the scale. All that will do is sabotage my mindset. I'd planned to eat that day, and though I had no idea it would affect me two days later, I also know my body is trying to figure out what the heck I did this weekend! So I have no intention of stepping on the scale for at least a few more days.

The fantasy was definitely better than the reality. IFing shrank my stomach more than I thought it did, and not just in the weight department. But now I'm back on track with my windows and my portions, and the only 'holiday' I have left is my birthday in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment