I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, December 13, 2021

Year One, Week Twelve: Uphill Climb

It's weigh-in week!

Maybe it's the holidays. Maybe it's getting distracted while snacking when on the internet. Maybe it's the lack of exercise since I've been writing and working on my laptop since we finally got internet two weeks ago.

Maybe it's all three. 

And the fact that I found myself ravenous this week didn't help. We didn't even start our Christmas baking yet!

We're not going to do our typical binge-baking sessions like the previous years (50 dozen each of three different cookies, for a total of 150 dozen), but we still intend to make more than the average elf.

This week was more challenging than usual, and I can't even tell you why. I was just hungry, and everything tasted so good! I didn't even have seconds, though I did snack more than I should have- and it shows, dagnabbit.

Here are the numbers:

                   4 weeks ago:                       Now:                          Difference:       

Weight           324                               326                             +2 lbs.

Bicep           19-1/2"                          19-1/2"                          same

Chest           57-1/2"                          58-1/2"                           +1"

Waist           54-1/2"                          55-1/2"                           +1"

Thigh           30-1/2"                          29-1/2"                           -1/2"

Neck            17-1/2"                          17-1/2"                          same

Hips             62-1/2"                              63"                            +1/2"


All that progress down the tubes. Ugh.

I'm beyond frustrated. Being busy on my laptop keeps me from starting my windows too early, but being on my butt for most of the day is detrimental to losing weight.

I need to be more mobile, and there's just no way of getting around it- excuse the pun.

This morning I was frustrated enough to take a quick walk around our property. We have a gravel road around the border, and the property is a third of an acre- almost square. That's a little less than one-tenth of one mile. If I can get into the habit of walking it two or three times a day, that might get the blood pumping.

At least it's a start.

One of the biggest hindrances was not having food prepped to make my OMAD salad ahead of time. I kept forgetting to boil the eggs and sear and cool the chicken so I could slice it thin for tossing in my salad.

I'm prepping my ingredients for tomorrow as soon as this blog is published!

This month's goal is to walk more, have an OMAD twice a week, and cut snacking down by half.

And to drown the hungries with big glasses of water!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you. Reach out to me anytime to chat or vent. Let's get you back on track.

    ReplyDelete