I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Thursday, December 2, 2021

Year One, Week Nine: The Weighting Game

 (postdated Tuesday, November 23rd, 2021)

I swear, if I have one more service company no-show, I'm going to chew the woodwork.

Remember last week I was waiting for the propane guys? Well, they didn't show. Again. We called the service, and they said for sure on Monday.

The Monday before Thanksgiving.

We'd been eating out of the freezer for three weeks, and I'm not going to lie, I checked myself on the scale each day because I desperately wanted to stay under my breakthrough weight. The numbers were higher, but not by much, and I think this was the only thing keeping me from stress-eating too much.

I did stress eat.


The good news is we finally got our propane on Wednesday- The day before Thanksgiving. Better late than never, but we didn't get to make everything we wanted for the holiday.

We can finally bake after almost seven weeks!

The freshly baked rolls are going to be fantastic. Don't look at me like that- I know I'm supposed to ease off of the bread- it's going to be Thanksgiving, and I'm intending on being thankful!

As for the stress of no internet, we're supposed to be getting it on the 29th. I'm praying so hard that they'll come, but there isn't much influence to get the job done expediently up here in the boonies. We shall see.

We're picking up our son later today to stay for a week. We also have our first visitors coming on Sunday! My husbands' cousin and his wife are stopping by for lunch after dropping off their son at college, and we're on the way back from Philadelphia. Now that we have a working range, we're planning on making homemade cream soup- something we haven't had since before the move on October 9th!

I'm trying to focus on the good stuff. So far, so good, though my son isn't happy that we don't have internet service yet. He's usually plastered to his phone screen. We're wondering if his head will implode from lack of stimulus. 

I'm hopeful things will work out by the end of next week.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment