I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Thursday, December 2, 2021

Year One, Week Eight: Breakthrough!

(postdated Tuesday, Nov.16th, 2021)

I've been plateauing for months. Eating windows went haywire. There was a lot of stress- both good and bad- and many adjustments- both good and bad.

I finally had a weight loss breakthrough!

I'd love to say I have it all figured out, but this breakthrough was due to something unexpected.

Remember I told you about that cool, clear, fantastic tasting water? Apparently, I'm one of those people who needs to get used to new water sources. The water itself is fine (my daughter and husband aren't affected), but I had a full two days where my body decided to clean house.

Have you ever been to the bathroom so much you felt hollow? I felt like that for three days! I was so wobbly-kneed, I wound up resting on the recliner for two of those days. Ugh.

Oddly enough, those two days were meals of Chinese take-out because that was all that seemed tempting to me. Unfortunately, there was no home cooking because our range had to be removed for the new model. The old oven didn't close, so we couldn't bake, and the burners were tilted to the center because the previous owner used a giant canning pot the size of a small state, which bent all four burners inward.

The new model is lovely but isn't electric- it's all propane- and the propane company forgot to add that to our order when we ordered propane for the fireplace. So, no range for at least a week. We're hoping to get propane in today, and I'm holding off eating breakfast until it's installed.

And that's why we had Chinese food in the fridge. Thank God!

I learned a lot about my body this week. I think the reason I haven't been losing so fast is I'm still overeating at my meals. This week I ate much smaller portions, and for a few days, I didn't eat anything snacky. I also ate slower and found myself having more energy the following days. I didn't eat much bread. I hate to say it (especially since we will open a bakery in the next year), but I might have to put bread on the Rarely Eat list.

Let's look at the numbers:

                   4 weeks ago:                       Now:                          Difference:       

Weight           326                                324                             -2 lbs.

Bicep              20"                             19-1/2"                           -1/2"

Chest             58-1/4"                        57-1/2"                           -3/4"

Waist              55-1/2"                        54-1/2"                            -1"

Thigh              30"                             30-1/2"                           +1/2"

Neck               17-1/2"                       17-1/2"                          same

Hips                62-1/2"                       62-1/2"                          same

Apparently, I'm still going pear-shaped, but at least I'm headed in the right direction!

It might only be two pounds, but this marks a significant hurdle- I've finally broken through another weight loss goal! The goal was set at 325 lbs.- the next goal is 300lbs.

Onto the next breakthrough!


No comments:

Post a Comment