I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, December 6, 2021

Year One, Week Eleven: Fighting the Good Fight

Why are bad habits so hard to break?


I managed to do an OMAD in the middle of the week, and I intended to do the same on Sunday since it was easier to skip breakfast and eat when we returned home after services. 

But everything tasted and smelled so good; I not only had two meals that day, I had three.

Usually, I'd say 'oops' about now, but that implies that the two extra meals accidentally fell into my mouth. Sigh. If only...

So today was the day. I was not only going to do an OMAD, but I was also going to low carb it. 

I had plans. Strategies. Ways of keeping myself occupied so I wouldn't eat too early.

My husband, however, had bacon, ham, and cheesy eggs. 

Now, I could blame him for making it ahead of time, and me, not wanting to waste good fresh food, would be obligated to eat it to save the earth. But no, he asked me before he made it, and I asked if he was making breakfast for everyone. He was. Being the social creature I am, I told him to go for it.

It was delicious.

Okay, so I ate early. No big deal, right? I was still low carbing it, so as long as I kept myself busy, I could try to forget eating for the rest of the day. There are still tons of boxes to unpack and things to be decorated and wrapped...right?

And then my husband mentioned we were having people over for lunch, and he had to make fresh rolls because we were going to have sandwiches with freshly sliced turkey and ham.

For those who don't know, we plan to open a bakery cafe here, hopefully by next year. Our bread is fantastic. At first, I resisted, but I caved and made myself a sandwich when I saw everyone else eating that yummy-smelling fresh bread.

Fresh bread from the oven and newly sliced lunchmeat (we slice our own)...can you blame me for indulging?

Okay, okay, so I'll be good after that. After all, it was one roll, and I put a good amount of meat on it. So I shouldn't need anything else until tomorrow.

After our guests left, my husband announced that he was making pork chops with fresh broccoli and carrots for dinner.

Guess what happened? It was low carb, so it counts as a good thing...right?

My stomach loves me right now. My brain, however, is contemplating leaving me for my foibles. Double sigh.

Tomorrow will be better. I just bought a fresh head of lettuce to make my chicken cobb salad for my OMAD. I just have to boil an egg, and instead of chicken, I can alleviate my brains' worry over waste by dicing up that one porkchop leftover from dinner tonight. Maybe then my brain won't leave me.

Maybe.

I'm still fighting fat- There are a lot of battles ahead before I win this war. And I will win this war!


No comments:

Post a Comment