I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, January 26, 2015

Week Two- The Dear-God-I-Think-I-Might-Like-This New Eating Lifestyle

So I'm not pestering you all with posts each day, I'll give you the rundown of the highlights and what I learned each week.

Day 8: Started out hungry but waited until mid-morning before eating, so I'm not a raving lunatic cannibal by lunch. No one eaten. Cats are still alive and I didn't use their kibble as a snack. So far, so good.

Accomplishments: For the first time in a very long time, I went down to the basement to put food away and get some meat out of the chest freezer for dinner. We have a very narrow basement stairwell with steep steps, and though I still feel claustrophobic (even though I don't suffer from it), the main reason was my knees and ankles. I have to side step at a certain point that would make my knees or ankles pop, and sometimes that would turn into a twinge and my leg would buckle a little. Great for Youtube videos, but not good when carrying stuff down the stairs.
I made it without a single pop!

Using the exercise bike is becoming routine, though I only had time for half of my 30-minute workout. I hope to do better tomorrow.

Dinner was a very light but tasty soup. It was so light (in calories) I could have two bowls! So I did. Yum.

Day 9: A good day! I didn't do as much exercise as I'd planned, but the calories were planned out well enough that I could treat myself to something I love- Pepperoni dip and a slice of bread to go with it. Yum! I really need to make this soup more often- it makes a great leftover lunch the next day, and allows me to "cheat" a little with higher calories snacks.

What I've learned: Have ready-to-take snacks when I go out is a huge help. This time it was fresh green beans and seedless cucumbers. Just slip them in a sandwich bag, and off I go! It helps if I prep things ahead of time too, so I don't have to slice things up before leaving the house.

Just because i can have two bowls of soup, doesn't mean I should. The only boo-boo I can confess to today is that I was satisfied after the first bowl, but ate the second bowl right after the first one anyway. I could have spaced it out, but I didn't. Mischief managed, lesson learned.

Day 10: I like having the same breakfast every morning- at least during the week. My little plate of scrambled eggs with spinach, tomato and cheese with a small side of bacon fills me up and tastes great! Much better than having fruit or veggies. Guess that's the proteinaholic in me.

I still wait for mid-morning to eat, though when I'm active first thing in the morning (like today, changing all the sheets and blankets on the bed- there's a million layers), the activity makes a gal feel a little hungry. Going to have some water and see if it's not just thirst talking!

I'm also wondering if stripping the bed can be counted as exercise. I need to check my chart!

Just checked. Nope. Bummer.

Had some errands to run with my husband, and he decided to use those gift cards and go out on a date with me since we were already out. I'd forgotten my snacks this time around, but it turned out for the better! We went to Olive Garden and the menus had calorie counts! And lucky me had extra calories saved from exercise and no snacks that I had a really nice meal- including a bread stick with my soup and entree!

Day 11: I feel so much thinner today! I found myself going up the stairs at a good pace this morning, no pain, and no joints popping! I think that bike is doing this body good! Today I have a dental consult appointment to see just how many teeth I'll be losing before reconstruction. Breakfast at the same time (mid-morning), and I'll take a smoothie and some snacks with me because I have to go food shopping afterwards.

Maybe I'll stop by the my clinic so I can do a quickie weigh-in. Hee hee hee!

They let me weigh myself! I lost 2.5 pounds!

Oddly enough I felt disappointed. I don't know why, since it's only been about a week and a half. Part of me expected ten or twenty pounds, because it felt like I'd been doing this for a month, not a week or two! But there it is- I have officially lost weight!

After dinner I did my calorie count and WOW- I was 300-400 calories under my goal of 1500. Dinner consisted of a lot of sauteed veggies and just a little chicken, but my plate was full- and so was I! Still, going that much under isn't good- I don't want to do that too often- starving my body of calories isn't the idea- it's to eat what my body needs to lose weight yet remain healthy and getting more fit.

The weekend starts tomorrow. I'm sure I'll make up those calories- even if I don't want to!

Day 12: Still feeling good and doing well! Managed to do a little more on the bike today, lasting a little longer- five more minutes Mom! My thighs aren't happy when I got off of the bike, but they are never happy- one reason I want them to go and leave me alone!

I made a wrap for dinner, thinking the calories wouldn't be so bad. YIKES! Did you know large tortillas are over 200 calories? I would've been better off with a piece of bread! I still ate it though, and was thankful that I burned a few extra calories on the bike today.

Day 13: Sundays have to be the hardest because of all of the goodies that are served after church. Today I sequestered a banana and a bag of cucumber slices in my purse, and ate them when I got hungry. But then they had Italian pasta salad on the table. I love Italian pasta salad. So I had a very small bowl of it and did a few extra minutes on my bike. 

No idea just how many calories it was so I looked on the site and I still managed to stay within the 1500 range for the day- WOOHOO!

Tomorrow is Monday. Instead of posting the entire 14 days, I'll post this tomorrow as I do with my other blog, Footprints in the Mud- just so I don't forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment