I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Day Seven- The Dear-God-It's-Been-A-Week New Eating Lifestyle

Seven days makes one weak.

But in my case, seven days of dieting makes one stronger.

Here I am, blogging before breakfast. I've been up for four hours, and only now do I feel a tinge of hunger. I'm not starving myself mind you, just waiting to get the real signals that I need to eat. 

Which will be within the next hour.

It's been a week. Most of the time the foods haven't changed much concerning breakfast, lunch and snacks, but I'll be looking into alternative foods this week, before I get bored or burnt out. Right now, what I'm eating works, and I'd like to keep it that way.

The kids are excited to use the bike, though that might get dull fairly quick, I might just tell then that if they want to watch something, they need to pedal through at least half of the program!

Why? Because they are becoming bigger- just like I did as a teen. I don't want them to be fighting fat when they are older, so I want to get them moving as soon as they can. Unfortunately I've been their main role model when it comes to eating and exercising, so I need to do better, so they will do better.

My knees have stopped hurting when going up the stairs. My belly has gone down, though that could be because the pipes aren't clogged anymore. it could also be because my stomach isn't always full, and when it is, it's isn't stuffed. That is such a good feeling, let me tell you!

I'm breathing better. Breathing is a good thing. Yepperdoo.

The nutritionist is a veggie person. I'm a protein person. Though her suggestions of staying satisfied differ from mine, at least she understands the concept that I might need more protein to stay satisfied and hasn't limited me from certain foods. Maybe that's why this diet (as calorie-less as it is) is working. As long as most of the stuff I'm eating is good for me, I don't think we'll have issues. 
The good news is all of the food I'm eating is good for me- except for the take-out fail I did last week. Let's just say that as long as I'm home making everything, all the food is going to be good for me!

It was a busy day today and there were enough leftovers that I didn't have to cook. I wanted to see how I'd feel if I didn't have the salad and instead had leftover dinner for lunch, and a small sandwich for dinner. I enjoyed it, but I think I'd like something more substantial than a sandwich- the bread was higher in calories than I'd like- but at least it wasn't diet bread.

Tonight there was a meeting at church, and they had all kinds of candies to snack on along with bottle of water. I took a water and eyed the Three Musketeers bars everyone seemed to be eating. Those things are my third favorite candy bar, and i almost told myself those little snack sized suckers couldn't have that many calories, but I refrained, despite the fact that I had some room on my eating plan for at least one. I'd ridden the bike for a total of thirty minutes today just in case the sandwich wasn't enough, but I also knew if I'd had one of those little bars, I'd have seven. 

So I didn't have any, and sipped on my bottle of water through the meeting.

It was hard to see people having what I'd wanted, but not as hard as I thought it would be. Because I'd made the choice that the calories just weren't worth it.

It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment