I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, January 19, 2015

Day One- The Hunger Years

(the next few posts are modified from Facebook posts I'd made before restarting this blog.)

I had a nice long talk with my nutritionist. She got all tough on me and said I have to walk 20-30 minutes a day- every day. I wasn't even doing that for the 5 days a week she wanted me to! How is this going to be different??

She gave me "The Look" and said I need to stop depending on others to help me. walking partners cancelled too much (or didn't show), I had to cancel the gym (silly to keep going, since my arms are messed up from a sprain and osteoarthritis still and the walk to the gym and back would be the only thing I really needed to do). And no more excuses! She said if I didn't want to walk because it was too cold/hot/rainy/snowy/whatever (she didn't blame me for the first because it was frigid outside), then I had to do it in the house- stand there and walk in place or walk around the house for 20-30 minutes and be mobile.

Food-wise I'm doing okay but I could do better. Especially portion-wise. My weight chart was a roller-coaster ride as she pointed out, and it went down, up, down, up, down, up, up- I think the last 'up' broke that last straw for my nutritionist.
So I have a new plan for both exercise and eating, and now I have to write a journal (Ugh!) for the next week to see what things are a bad habit and what I can change.
And the worst part? She ran out of spangly stickers for me to use. Now I have to make my own doodles in each calendar day. Humph!
Good thing I just bought some new sharpies...
Please pray that I stick to it this time. I'd like to be under the "Big Threes" sometime this spring!

Day One...
Making a journal of what I'm eating- I do not like this!! I never realized how much I want to graze (and have grazed in the past) because now I have to write it down. I'm hungry, but don't dare eat for at least another hour!
Maybe some celery sticks or carrot chips....*stomach growls*

I sliced my middle finger while making carrot chips. That's what I get for trying to eat healthy. Cupcakes just don't do this to you! Chips neither!

Standing in place and walking has to be the most boring, dull thing I have ever done. Even when watching a movie, I felt that I had to move if my legs were moving! And it's really hard trying to walk back and forth in a tiny space while trying to watch Horton Hears a Who- I missed all the good parts and may have whiplash.

Want some cheese with that whine, Beth? Nope. Apparently that would put me over my calorie goal. Sigh.

I made it through Day One in tact. Though there might have been a few gnawing marks on the furniture...I'll just count that as extra fiber.
Someone told me the first day isn't even the worst day- the next two days are going to be the hardest! Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment