I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, January 19, 2015

The Two Year Restart

A lot has happened from my last post to this one. 

My husband was in an accident three months after the last post, and since then it's been time spent helping him recover, packing and moving a three-story house, and getting into some very bad, bad habits.

Before the accident things were good- I still wasn't losing, but until the accident I was walking two miles, three days a week to the gym, working out for almost an hour on the machines, and getting those weights and reps up. I think I started at 10 reps of 30 pounds on the arm machines, and for the crunch machine, I'd started at 10 reps of 50 pounds on the front, and 10 reps of 70 pounds on the back. The leg press was 10 reps at 100 pounds.

By September, I'd gone to 40 reps and 70 pounds on the arm machines, 40 reps and 90 pounds on the front and 40 reps of 110 pounds on the back on the crunch machine, and the leg press was 40 reps of 150 pounds.

September 11th, 2012 was when my husband had an accident at work. We were in the middle of getting a house, and he was in the hospital for 18 days. I had to drop the gym.

I'm a stress eater. I had to care for my sweet husband and pack the entire house myself because skin grafts and boxes don't mix. I used my new-found muscle to get the job done, and we moved in December that same year.

Then I unpacked everything and organized it for the next two months. And I ate. And ate.

By the time I got back onto a scale, I was over 300 again. In fact, I was gaining by the minute. But I had a lot to deal with during his recovery and the house, so I ignored everything concerning diet and did what I had to do. 

The scale showed I was 335. I started seeing a nutritionist.

The funny thing was she'd said what I was eating was (for the most part) okay. It was how much I was eating that mattered. I was healthy as a horse- unfortunately that horse was a Clydesdale.

So we made plans and brainstormed ideas. It worked sometimes, and sometimes not. But the weight slowly went down. Then up. Then down again. Then up again. One time I had the flu for eleven days and wound up losing 14 pounds. Oh joy! But would I keep it off?

I did well the first weigh-in- only one pound gained. The next weigh-in, I'd gained three pounds. She had had enough.

This nice, thin lady made me promise to try things her way. Her way involved a 1500 calorie diet, but one that wouldn't restrict me from anything- just the calories. I could have ice cream if I wanted- but that would limit me from having much else if I filled out my calories in one shot.

So I started the new diet with a new perspective. 

I'll be posting daily for a time, then eventually go to weekly posts. Sometimes you'll cheer with me, sometimes you'll commiserate with me, and sometimes you might even get mad with me- or at me. But this is a journey I wanted to share with those of you who understand and even share my struggles- and triumphs. 

So I'm starting over- one more time.

The last time I was weighed I was 321, so that's where we'll start. I'll give you the numbers as I get them, but since i don't have a scale in the house (nor do i intend to), I'll tell you what I weigh after I see the nutritionist- about once a month. Then we can toast each other with water or barely sweetened iced tea- whatever you prefer!


No comments:

Post a Comment