I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, January 19, 2015

Day Two- Planning my Death

(The next few posts are modified from Facebook posts I'd made a few days ago.)

Day Two of new eating plan- because the word "Diet" mean "Die" with a 't'.
I'm taking the van in for a part replacement so I have to plan eating accordingly, because I might be there forever. Going to have an early breakfast (which I don't want to do, but it beats starving) and take my smoothie and a veggie snack with me to the repair shop.
All I have to say is they better be done by lunchtime...or they will have one big, grumpy troll lady on their hands!

Did okay calorie-wise yesterday. According to the chart I'm supposed to have 2100 calories a day, but the nutritionist said to stay around 1500. So I did. Have to change up some snack alternatives though, because veggie snack just don't cut it all the time. Thinking a boiled egg or some nuts would work well. Going to do a little shopping on Friday- or maybe after I get the van back today! (but after I eat lunch!)

I wanted to share the Super Smoothie recipe:

Roland's Super Smoothie
I use a Nutri bullet, so if you don't have one, I'll guesstimate how much I use.smile emoticon
1/2 of Nutri cup raw spinach (about a cup)
1/3 of a pound frozen tropical fruit (about 3/4 cup)
1 banana
1 Tblsp. Diatomaceous Earth *aka DE food grade) *optional
fill to the line with orange juice (about 1-1 1/2 cups)
Blend until uniform lime color.
this is about 300 calories for the entire large cup, 150 if you half it. smile emoticon
The DE (not the stuff in that filters your pool- this is food grade and safe to eat) helps clean out the villi in your bowels like a toothbrush- sweeping them clean as it goes through- and it helps your body retain calcium! I use this for my osteoarthritis.

I got the van in time to get lunch for me and my husband, since his work was so close. I went the Checkers and refrained from getting all the other stuff I get, and settled for some fries and a half of a burger and half of a chicken sandwich- I love two for four deals!
Got home and typed in the food on MyFitnessPal- great little program- and found out that the take out food was loaded with calories! Even my modest eating (at least for me) had taken me almost two-hundred calories over what I thought it was- and the chicken sandwich was worse than the burger! The fries might as well have been a half of a chicken sandwich- so all together, I had barely enough to eat dinner. There were no snacks for the rest of the day.
A word to the wise- if you know you're going out, try to guesstimate online what you might eat and plan accordingly- and if you can't, take those extra calories out through the next few days or exercise enough to balance them out. MyFitnessPal actually does that for you. I like the fact that my calorie allotment can go up when I type in the exercise! The catch is I actually have to do the exercises. Bummer!

Dinner was small and i went to bed hungry. Water did help a little but oh, I'm not sure I could do this for much longer if this is how it feels all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment