I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, January 19, 2015

Day Five- The Dear-God-Will-I-Survive New Eating Lifestyle

Oh no- it's the weekend! That wouldn't be so bad, but I have a women's meeting at church today and they are having food afterwards!
And of course, I am supposed to bring the cookies.
For the first time ever, I bought them instead of baking them. I can't have my house smelling like a bakery this early in the game. I can't!
So I went to the meeting and the lunch after. Stuck with foods I knew were within my limits and only one food I wasn't sure about, but I figured if I had a little, that would be okay.
I think I did pretty well, then went home to log the calories.
I only went a little over my limit for lunch! Yay!
Slow eating and conversations helped me not to gobble- which was hard since I haven't had my super smoothie yet. Not sure of I'll have one today- I might just skip it and have some celery instead, since lunch was a bit late.

What I learned:
I feel thinner. At least my belly does.
Walking up the stairs isn't as much of a struggle. Yes, it's only been five days, and I didn't lose THAT much weight (though I really have no idea), but the exercise and the energy boost helped getting up the stairs a lot better. And I can bend my knees easier coming down too.
I can be trusted in a social situation. I didn't have to bring a smoothie, or a salad with me- and yes, I had one little cookie. I couldn't stop thinking about them, so I slowly, slowly ate one. I learned that my homemade cookies taste a ton better, and I didn't even want another cookie afterwards. They really need more fruit filling in their kolackys. Bleh.
No one wants to hear you're dieting. They only want to hear the good stuff about your dieting.
Dinner was really yummy and I managed to eat slower than anyone else. I savored the food, and cut it into smaller bites, taking sips of water in between bites. Anything that i don't like (like that cookie), will no longer be eaten because I started on it- it just isn't worth the calories!


No comments:

Post a Comment