I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, January 19, 2015

Day Four- The Dear-God-Maybe-I-Won't-Die New Eating Lifestyle:

I no longer feel like I'm dying of starvation. I think my body went numb.
Didn't snack as much yesterday because I had a huge chicken cobb salad I'd made myself. Sure, it was almost 400 calories, but it was a giant bowl that was mostly lettuce and spinach. I ate it a bit faster than I intended, but it was so good. Doing that again today, definitely!
I walked yesterday too, so the program actually allows me a few more calories when I exercise- what a motivation! If I swim the Atlantic, I can have a steak with a loaded baked potato for a snack- that makes me want to get my bathing suit on!
I have managed to stay within 150 calories give or take (mostly give) of my goal of 1500 calories a day.
What I have learned:
I didn't die. God is good.
Hunger will go away if you find something to do- distractions are a great way to stop thinking about your next meal/snack.
Water helps, but when you're truly hungry, it doesn't do diddly-squat.
Drinking 2 cups of water right before eating helps you slow down your food intake, because you don't feel as desperate to get something in your stomach before it implodes like a black hole.
I have refrained from grazing and eating anything with empty calories because I don't want my nutritionist to yell at me.
I think an exercise bike in the house would let me do more than 20 minutes of exercise- like walking outside in freezing temperatures. Just pop in a movie and literally pedal my hiney off for an hour and a half- then go eat an elephant.
After four days, my belly has gotten a lot smaller.
I don't care how much I think I've lost, I'm still not bringing a scale into the house!
That's it! I've learned a lot, but I'll bet I'll learn more in the coming weeks. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to be under the Flabulous Threes before spring? I really do wonder if I'll stick with it for that long- I hope I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment