I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, January 19, 2015

Day Three- The Dear-God-I'm-Gonna-Die New Eating Lifestyle

Things are going well. I managed to hold off eating breakfast until mid-morning, only because my stomach didn't wake up all the way (though it did do a muttering growl about 6am- I wake up at 4:30) Made a nice breakfast and made my smoothie- I put that in the fridge and tried to eat my breakfast really slow.
Tried.
Had my smoothie about 10:30 and now my stomach is complaining again. I think if I sequestered myself in my sewing/writing room for a while I might forget that I feel like I'm starving to death- it doesn't help that everything on Facebook looks like food- and sometimes is.
Next up might be celery sticks, but I have a really fantastic lunch planned that I need to saute chicken fingers for- homemade chicken cobb salad. It has more calories than I like to admit to, but it includes 2 cups of greens, cherry tomatoes, chicken, real bacon, cheese and a boiled egg...and just a touch of Italian dressing. I'm not much for dressing but in this case, a little goes a really long way.
My stomach growled again. I didn't know it could read!
As for yesterday, went over my calorie count and didn't exercise. I'm supposed to exercise today too- at least 20 minutes of walking. Maybe I'll saute the chicken fingers and take a walk while they cool down. I only need one for the salad, and the house will smell good when I get back.
Yeah- that's the plan. After I make myself some celery sticks to munch on so I don't gnaw the couch.

After the walk....
I managed to forgo the celery sticks and made the chicken before I went for my walk. Came home to an awesome smelling house, sat for a second before making my massive salad, and ate that sucker to the last leaf! And I still have 500 calories left for the day!

Dinner was really good, and I went to be feeling empty, but not hungry. I didn't feel bloated either- something I never realized was happening until it stopped happening. I'm hoping tomorrow it will get better- though I still want more food! The walk helped my joints a little and I managed to go up the stairs a little easier. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment