I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, August 30, 2021

Week Forty-Nine: Hurry Up and Wait

We're packing to move.

It's exciting. It's chaos. It's a lot of stress.

Some people come to help. Others promise to help but don't show. Contractors come when they please, and do what they want, and leave when they want. When that happens, deadlines aren't met, schedules are disheveled, and tempers run short. 

Lost my temper with my family twice and confronted the contractor once. As a result, he is now relegated to outside work while we find another painter. 

I won't go into details, but it was a stressful weekend. The realtor wanted buyers to look at our house today, but the house isn't nearly ready. Time is ticking. 

Most of the house is packed and moved into storage until the house sells. So now we clean, pack up the minor things and wait for the new painters.

Image by Pexels from Pixabay 

I decided that I'm taking today off to write, read, and pray. 

Everything else I do to let off steam is packed. My sewing, my fiction novels, even the TV is disconnected so they can paint the walls. So no binge-watching Bones for a few days, at least.

I packed for two weeks straight, and I'm tired. One benefit, though- my husband hugged me yesterday and said I felt like I'd lost weight. He hugs me a lot, so that's saying something. Maybe this move will leave me a lot thinner and more active than I realized!

Most of the week went well. However, I blew off Friday. It was my down day, and I ate like it was an up day. It was stress eating, and I knew it- But I was so stressed, I just didn't care.

The good thing about being overwhelmed is that you don't have time to snack much, despite eating an additional meal. 

I found that my wide-open weekend window didn't work when I needed to be energetic. (Wow- that's a lot of alliteration!) 

Saturday, we had breakfast early, lunch, and dinner a little later than my usual window. So, I was tired and sluggish all day. On Sunday, I postponed my breakfast until 11am, skipped the early morning family breakfast, and had a light lunch and an early light dinner. That worked much better. I got a lot more done and wasn't as tired.

Moving is stressful, chaotic, and messy in every manner. So I'm taking today to recenter myself with God and give myself a creative break. Maybe talk with some friends, rant, and laugh. Read a little. Take a nap. Recharge my physical and spiritual batteries for the coming days.

Because when we get to our new home, it's going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment