I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Week Fifty: Cleaning, Cooking, and Chaos

This has been my life this week:

Image by Nina Garman from Pixabay 

As the house empties, my belly gets fuller. In other words, I'm stress-eating.

I forgot I had an appointment this week with the doctor, and it was a holiday weekend. So guess who ate more than she should?

Me!

The scale showed I'd gained a pound.  Well, of course, I did. I just ate at a holiday cookout on my down day. Duh.

I didn't take measurements because it's in the middle of the measuring period, but I thought you should know since I couldn't weigh myself last time.

But wait! Let's look at the scale again.

One pound in a month and a half. I'd been behaving myself for the most part, and I've been moving boxes and hustling and bustling around the house for weeks. Maybe that weight gain isn't fat. It could be muscle.

I'm sure some of it's fat, but if you looked at my measurements in week forty-eight, you'd see I lost a lot of inches.

Loss of inches + one pound gained = added muscle. WOOHOO!

Okay, so maybe I'm putting a more positive spin on it. But after a month of chaos and irregular eating patterns, I think I'm doing better than I would have a year ago.

In two more weeks, it will be a year since I've been IFing. Isn't that amazing?

We have to keep the house clean for buyers to see, so cooking has become an issue. I've been making some food in bulk, but I can't do all that and pack and schlep boxes too. This body is fifty-three years old, and it is tired.

When this move is over, I'm going to sleep for a week.

I've not been stress eating as much as I thought I would. The biggest problem is I gulp down food in minutes since I'm in a hurry, and the second my window opens, it's a food marathon. My fork and spoon become a shovel. When I'm done, I need to get back to packing before my body shuts down for the night.

When my body shuts down, I become Jabba the Hutt on Benedryl. How do I know? Because my allergies are kicking my butt as well. Benedryl knocks me on my keyster. It's hard to move boxes when you're in an allergy medicine-induced food coma.

The good news is I've been sleeping better. Exhaustion does a body good.

I do feel stronger (if more tired) than before, and my husband still thinks I'm getting thinner, so maybe it is muscle weight after all. I can't wait until this move is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment