I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, August 9, 2021

Week Forty-Six: Small Successes

Little triumphs can feel more remarkable than the big ones.

This week was a series of minor successes- Woohoo!

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay 

My down days stayed down days. My up days had healthier choices. I overate once. And even as I was overeating, I could see where and when I should have stopped. Instead, I just ate everything because I felt the need to finish the plate. 

Learning to not eat everything given you has to be the most challenging hurdle yet. My daughter was kind enough to make me dinner, and she filled my plate to the brim. I need to teach the kids to stop doing that for me- and themselves. I don't eat like that anymore. No one needs that much food!

Even my husband was surprised I finished off my plate. But he wasn't the only one. Eesh.

Yesterday we decided to gather over the fire pit to cook our own sausages, and I had a few monster shrimp waiting in the freezer for just such an occasion. It took forever for the food to cook on our campfire forks, but the conversations were laughter-filled, and there was no chance of overeating. So instead, I savored the flavor of fire-kissed shrimp and enjoyed a pepper and onion sausage with cheese on a homemade sausage roll (like a hot dog bun but bigger). 

It's nice to slow down and enjoy food and company. I don't know why we don't do this more often.

I feel so much better this past week! I feel thinner, my energy is up, and I've been more active. It's also great to see the house getting neater as I become more mobile. 

Down days are becoming my favorite days unless something particularly yummy is brought in that I have to delay eating. Though it does help me plan my up days better! Planning menus on my up days are also improving, and there's a lot less food waste in the fridge. I think I'm finally getting the hang of this lifestyle!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth. Thank you for your blog. I wanted to ask you what you liked and disliked about doing the down day up day method of fasting.
    I am considering doing it as I think it may work well for me. Do you find yourself getting hungry on the down days? Also are you strict about the 500 calories on the down days? Thank you in advance for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete