I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, August 16, 2021

Week Forty-Seven: Opportunity Knocks

Life can be pleasantly surprising!

You're humming along, getting the house in order, doing your routines, and God comes along and swats you upside the head with His blessing stick.

When God knocks, you better answer the door!

Image by Dennis Larsen from Pixabay 

Unfortunately, I can't tell you what that blessing is yet because it's a potential blessing. But if it comes to fruition, it's going to be awesome. 

This week was a blur. I wish I could tell you that I did everything I promised myself last week, but I can barely remember. All I know is I don't feel like a bloated whale, so I did something right!

Yesterday I was supposed to have three meals, but I got so involved, I forgot to eat before my window closed. Oops. Today is a down day, so I hope I didn't throw my metabolism off too much. 

As for exercise, I did many things in the house, but not all of them required me to be active. 

However, if everything works out, I'll be as active as a nest of ants. I hope I can keep up.

My brain will definitely be on overload. There's so much to think about, no less do! 

Even without this potential blessing popping up, it was an eventful week.

It started with getting my van inspected. We knew it was on its last legs, but I was stressing a little when it didn't pass inspection the first time. So we fixed what needed to be done to pass inspection, knowing this was probably the last year we'd drive it.

Two days later, It blew a gasket. Literally. The van was dead for good this time, and though this was something I'd typically be freaking out about, I was calm as a cucumber and wasn't even worried about it. No stress eating, no desire to overeat to calm the nerves. God is so good!

I'd stopped working at my driving job months ago, and I'm so glad I did. that job killed my van, but when I was home full-time, I hardly ever used it. So not having a second vehicle is a minor inconvenience now, not a major, life-altering binge-eating catastrophe it might have been almost a year ago. 

Intermittent Fasting really helped me take control of my life in so many fantastic ways.

This weekend, we went out into Lancaster to visit the farms and get fresh produce. I hadn't had much to eat because we were going to try an Amish restaurant for the first time. The parking lot was almost at capacity, which is usually a good sign that a place has good food. After a seventy-minute wait, we were looking forward to some homemade Amish cooking.

What a disappointment. The restaurant took so many shortcuts, we couldn't even finish our dinner. For us to not finish a meal is really saying something about the food. The fries were frozen, and the sauces and gravies came from a can. The mac and cheese pasta was swimming in a pool of pure cheese Whiz. Ugh.

Despite these letdowns, we had a really great time taking the family out for the day. It feels good to get out of the city and into fresh country air.

The goals this week are simple. Be mobile and pre-prep meals. I didn't cook much last week, and the leftovers are no more. I might even make a few extra meals for the freezer, so we have something to eat if I don't have time to cook in the coming weeks.

I promise I'll tell you whether the blessing happens or not. Next week is weigh-in week, and we should know something by then. As for my IF journey, I'm confident I'll see smaller numbers on the scale and on the measuring tape. 

This is going to be one exciting week!


No comments:

Post a Comment