I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, August 2, 2021

Week Forty-Five: Ups and Downs

Reading is a good thing. So I made time this week to make some changes, making sure to schedule in time to reread parts of my IFF book. I'm happy I did!

My down days had slowly become more 'up' than down in recent months. The reason the scale hasn't been going down is no mystery- my intake has been exceeding my energy expenditure, and the numbers show it on both the scale and my measuring tape. 

Often I was eating more on my down day within that one to two hour period than I was eating on some of my lighter 'up' days! So instead of eating less or more like I was supposed to, I rode a kiddie coaster, where all the ups and downs were little ones. I need to be more on a ride like this:

Image by Norbert Waldhausen from Pixabay 

My down days need to stay way down, and my up days need to be up, though, on weekends, I should feed the machine just to keep my metabolism off balance since I have three down days during the week.

I had to recognize my hunger levels again. When I did this in the past few weeks, I'd noticed I was getting hungrier. The pangs were extreme, just like the beginning of my IF journey. The only way it would go away is if I drowned it with a lot of water and found something better to do than think about my next meal.

Chores are a big part of increasing my mobility. Laundry used to be done sitting on the bed, and now I only sit when I fold the smaller items. Pants get folded while standing now, and shirts are either folded or hung while standing. When I need to sit, I fold the small stuff. I only fold twice a week, but it's a start!

I'd be cleaning a lot more if the kids weren't still living here. It's too easy to let them do it! My son is working his way towards independence, and my daughter will be going back to college in a few weeks, so the chore list will get busier after she goes back to her dorm. I cook two to three times a week, and I usually prep my meat and veggies sitting down. That will change shortly. As for dishes, you can never do those sitting down!

I recommended the FFR book to at least three people this week. My husband thinks I should get business cards made for sharing my blog with the world! Scary thought. But it's a really cool idea at the same time. Maybe turn my journey in video form as well? Hmm. It's worth thinking about.

The heatwaves have ebbed for a while, and I was invited to a pool this week. I love swimming! Not only is it getting me outdoors, but I love being in the water. It's constant exercise keeping above water (though fat floats ever so nicely), and by the end of the day, I'm hoping to be happily exhausted. Good energy burner!

I'm looking forward to the next few weeks. They'll be busy, but a good kind of busy. There's still a lot of heavy lifting to do in some rooms, and I hope to get the kids to do most of it before my daughter goes back to college. 

This week the focus is on getting more mobile and watching those down days! May God bless you on your journey towards a better, happier life!


No comments:

Post a Comment