I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Week Forty-Eight: Scale Away, Scale Away, Scale Away

Today is weigh-in week. Well, it was weigh-in week. My van died completely, so I'm now without the means to get to my husbands' workplace to weigh in. It doesn't matter anyway, because two weeks ago, God decided it was time for us to move, and we found our dream home and business all in one shot. We should be out of this house before next month.

No more scales!

Image by xibarodays from Pixabay 

It's all measurements from here from now on.

Since it's just measurements, I've decided that I'll color code the losses versus the gains for easier comparison. So let's take a look, shall we?

Original numbers:        4 weeks ago:            Now:              Difference:

Weight 363 lbs.                326                        ?                        ?

Biceps- 23"                       20"                   20-1/2"                 +1/2"

Chest- 61-1/2"                  60"                   57-1/2"                 -2-1/2"

Waist- 58"                      55-1/4               55-3/4"                +1/2"

Hips- 69-1/2"                 62-3/4"                    62"                   -3/4"

Thigh- 32"                     30-1/2"                    28"                   -2-1/2"

Neck- 18"                      17-1/2"                 17-1/2"                 same


Every part of me changed, but mostly for the better. Look at those losses versus the gains! I thought I'd gained, but it looks like I lost some weight after all!

I behaved myself for the most part, though yesterday I seriously disappointed myself by eating too much on my down day. I'd made a really awesome homemade Italian chicken lasagna bake with mini noodles that looked like those canned pasta 'roller coaster' shapes, with my own homemade sauce (or gravy, for you Italian folks out there), marinated chicken breast, loaded with seasoned ricotta and topped with four kinds of cheese.

Can you blame me for taking two helpings?

I could forgive myself for indulging, but not for overindulging. Halfway through the second bowl, I was more than satisfied, but instead of wrapping it up and putting it away, I ate it. As a result, I still feel bloated this morning. Ugh.

I still don't know why I finished it off. I'd made plenty, and today is my up day so I can have more for dinner! So why do I do these things to myself?

Beating myself up about it does no good, so I'll do better today. That promise I can keep.

I've been eating more junk than usual because I'm stressed. Some of it is good stress, and some of it is not-so-good stress. We found a house in the mountains with a store attached (it was closed five years ago), and it's perfect for us to start a business while living out of the city. God's been moving so fast that my head is spinning. Two weeks ago, we were moving along a steady track, now we're on a roller coaster.

We don't get that house until we sell this one. Our realtor told us he has a line waiting for us to see our house, so we need to get packed and finish the repairs ASAP.

Two weeks minimum to pack. A month at most. I don't think I'll have a problem finding ways to be mobile this month! Our house is three stories tall and thin. That's a lot of steps.

The new place is smaller than our current residence, but the kitchen is bigger and open. I want to establish better eating habits in the new kitchen. Maybe I'm weird for wanting that, but I figure if I get used to eating at a table and not some screen, I'll be a happier, healthier person.

I'm not packing my laptop, so I'll be able to blog in the next few weeks. I just hope I'll be cognizant enough to make a post you can actually read.

In the meantime, I'll be packing and moving boxes. Who needs a gym?

No comments:

Post a Comment