I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, July 26, 2021

Week Forty-Four: No Strings Attached Weigh-in

It's weigh-in week!

It's time to tell you about that little surprise I bought myself- I got a bonified tape measure!

Image by Mahesh Patel from Pixabay 

Now I know that doesn't seem that exciting, but when you've measured yourself with a string and a ruler, this thing is fantastic. It's soft like a tailors' tape, but it retracts like a toolbox tape measure! It took me half the time to measure myself as it usually does, and I don't have to worry about how accurate the measurements are because my string is a bit more stretchy- especially since it's forty-four weeks old!

I switched to smaller bowls and ate less this past week, and I feel so much better (and thinner) than in previous weeks. I'm also starting to see that salt is affecting me more. Though my blood pressure is still low/normal, I tend to bloat more when I have really salty foods. My feet make excellent bloat detectors. When they're fluffy, so is the rest of me.

Let's take a look at those numbers!

Original numbers:        4 weeks ago:            Now:              Difference:

Weight 363 lbs.                328                      326                      -2

Biceps- 23"                    19-3/4"                   20"                   +1/4"

Chest- 61-1/2"               58-3/4"                   60"                   +1-1/4"

Waist- 58"                      57-1/2                55-1/4"               -2-1/4"

Hips- 69-1/2"                 62-1/2"                 62-3/4"                +1/4"

Thigh- 32"                     30-1/4"                 30-1/2"                +1/4"

Neck- 18"                      17-1/2"                 17-1/2"                 same


That's interesting. I gained in almost every category but had one slight loss in weight. But look at the loss in my waist! 

The one thing I wanted to do but didn't was to reread my FFR book. Although I got a few walks in this week, walking further each time, which does a body good. 

It just shows that many minor accomplishments can significantly impact you more than those huge ones that don't happen as often. Yes, it was only two pounds, but it's still a step in the right direction!

This weeks' goals are simple. Reread the FFR book. No seconds. Smaller plates and bowls. Less salty foods. Walk more. Move around the house more. 

I'm one pound away from breaking my next plateau!

No comments:

Post a Comment