I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, January 31, 2022

Year One, Week Nineteen: Seeing the Goal Line

At the beginning of my IF journey, I was 366 pounds. My first goal was 350. Then 325. And now I'm headed toward 300.

It's been a struggle, but I'm getting there!

I'm below the halfway point between goals, though I have a long way to go even after hitting 300 pounds.

And I'm going to hit 300 pounds! Not by next weeks' weigh-in, but I'll be a lot closer than I am today.

This time I'm going to make sure I have pictures! I'll be wearing the same shorts and T-shirt, even though the temps are in the single digits (sometimes below zero!) I'm going to find a good spot in our new house where I can show you the differences!

This week I've found myself becoming more active. Maybe it's because of the cold, perhaps it's because my butt doesn't have as much padding anymore, and it gets sore when I sit for too long, but either way, I'm doing a lot more around the house.

Of course, my husband spraining his foot helped matters a little too! But, no worries, he's well on the road to recovery!

Anticipation has been working wonders. I check the fridge, plan on what I want for the next day, and most of the time, eat what I plan to eat and enjoy every minute of it. Nothing has spoiled since I started doing this, and a lot more food has been stored in the freezer when we bulk cook- We just bulk cook more often and freeze half of it to have ready-made meals when life gets a little too hectic.

Or lazy.

Sometimes you're under the warm blankets, watching the snowfall while reading a book, and you don't want to cook. The microwave is my friend on days like that!

Yesterday, I really wanted to make a meaty dip for the plethora of tortilla chips we'd found in one of our forgotten moving boxes. But, unfortunately, the ground beef was still frozen, so we changed gears and decided to make chili today- which is really good with tortilla chips!

So I did a little delaying and will be rewarded with a nice bowl of freshly made chili (with a tomato, pepper, and onion base I made myself!) with crunchy tortilla chips as soon as I walk in the door after picking my daughter up from work. Nothing beats cold weather than something hot to eat the second you get home!

I can imagine the satisfaction- and I didn't even start making it yet!

I'm happy to report my weight is still going down- but I won't tell you how much until next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment