I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, January 17, 2022

Year One, Week Seventeen: Keeping the Pace

Have you ever gone for a walk after sitting for a long time? At first, your leg muscles protest, but after a few minutes, you begin to find your walking rhythm, and you're able to walk a pretty significant distance before you hear complaints from your legs again.

That's where I am in my IF journey. Setting my pace and getting into the rhythm of good eating windows. And the run has only begun!

I started at 363 pounds. At my last weigh-in, I weighed 317. That's a 46-pound difference! It's a significant weight loss, but I need to lose at least 200-215 pounds in total. That means I've lost about 23% of what I need to lose to achieve my goal weight.

I've not even hit the quarter-mile marker yet. But I'm setting a pretty good pace.

Some days I'm hungrier than others. Sometimes I forget to eat after one meal, and if it's a light one, it's an ordeal making myself wait until the next day before I can eat again. But I'm learning!

However, after my window closes, one habit I've established is to think of something I'd like to eat the next day. Looking forward to my next meal helps me resist eating anything in the fridge, thus avoiding acting like a garbage pail for leftovers. In addition, it keeps me from obsessing about what I can eat when the window opens the next day.

It also keeps me from forgetting to eat those special meals and snacks I wanted the day before. Nothing irritates me more (and tempts me to eat after my windows close) than forgetting to eat what I wanted yesterday! Then the leftovers are sitting in the fridge for another day- or two, if I forget again- and sometimes the stuff goes bad before I remember it's in there.

Now? I make a point to remember it. I put it in the front of the fridge, so it's ready to go, or on the kitchen table if it doesn't need refrigeration. Or I defrost it the day before if it's from the freezer.

No more rotten food! I hate waste, and if I know I won't be eating it again anytime soon, I freeze the leftovers. Yay me!

Slow and steady wins the race, as long as I keep up the pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment