I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, February 7, 2022

Year One, Week Twenty: Gettin' the Skinny- Pics and Weigh-in

A lot has happened since my last photoshoot.

It's been so long since I took pictures, I forgot where I stored them! I promised you pictures this weigh-in, and I have them. It took a while, but I found the pics I took at the beginning of my journey for comparison.

But before we get to that (and the numbers), I have a few lessons I learned and wanted to share with you.

Smaller windows mean smaller hips. I made the mistake of keeping 4-6 hour eating windows and tried the yo-yo method (up and down days) when I hit a plateau. Unfortunately, that plateau lasted more than six months, and I'll never get that time back- or the possible weight loss.

The biggest lesson about that wasn't changing my windows- it was asking for help. If I'd asked after my second month of plateauing, I would be further along in my journey toward a thinner, healthier me.

That's really the only regret I've had since I started intermittent fasting!

When I happily tell people I've lost over fifty pounds, they always ask how, and when I tell them, they look at me in pity, like I stopped eating anything tasty and have been depriving myself of goodies. But when I tell them I can have anything (including my favorite snack, potato chips), then I see hope in their eyes. 

I can't tell you how many extra copies of FFR I gave away to people. We always get additional copies of any book that profoundly impacts our lives, and I know I've given away at least five copies. Of course, it's up to them to read it and do what it says, but I always ask them if they decide this isn't for them, to either give me back the book (so I can share with other people) or gift it to a friend of theirs that might read it.

I also learned busy hands make the stomach forget what time it is. So when I get the hungries really early in the day (usually after a lightly eating the previous day), I drown my stomach with water and find something to engage my mind and body. 

I'm a creative person, so I've been sewing up a storm as of late, making a wedding gift for a friend and hairbows for me, my daughter, and some to sell during the spring farmers' markets. We've never spent spring up here in the mountains, but I hear people will be buzzing about like bees when the weather warms up.

I've also found my stamina has strengthened since I started losing again. I can even go shopping in those big stores now without having to use the motorized carts or needing to sit every five minutes! That alone is encouraging me to keep going.

I'm almost to my next goal of 300 pounds, and I'll have to start toning down the volume I eat soon. As long as I'm losing an average of 1.5 pounds per week, I'll stick to my current amount. Now it's time to see some numbers- and pictures!

                   4 weeks ago:                    Now:                       Difference:       

Weight           317                          311                        -6 lbs.

Bicep           19-1/2"                     19-1/2"                     same

Chest           58-1/2"                        58"                        -1/2"

Waist           54-1/2"                        53"                       -1-1/2"

Thigh              29"                        28-3/4"                     -1/2"

Neck            17-1/2"                     17-1/2"                    same

Hips                62"                           61"                         -1"


WOOHOO- no red numbers!
And here are the pics I promised!

                                     Then:                              Now:





I've lost a lot in my chin, belly, and butt. There's a definite difference in my upper arms, and you can also see a difference in the way the clothes drape across my body. I wish I'd taken some pics of me stretching that waistband just so you can see the changes better!

I still have a long way to go, and to be honest, I'm surprised that the clothes still fit after a fifty-two-pound weight loss. I think I might make a wardrobe change soon, but not until the shorts are nearly falling off of me and you can't see my body under the shirt.

I hope this inspires you that you can lose weight, feel better, and give you hope to live a better life. I know I'm looking forward to the next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment