I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, August 3, 2015

Week Twenty Nine: The Dear-God-I-Survived! New Eating Lifestyle

I have no idea if I gained weight or lost it. All I know is I survived this week!

I went to a writer's conference this week, and after all that baking the two weeks prior, I was tired. Beat. Drained. And that was before the conference.

The lunches and dinners started out well, but progressively got more junky by the end of the week. The menu started out with roast chicken and green beans and ended up with a processed chicken burger as my meal. All in all, I did eat a lot, but I also walked a lot. I was up before dawn and back home at dark. I didn't even think of journaling my food, or I would've never gotten to sleep!

The conference was a blast, and I made some new contacts and some new friends. A few people who met me last year saw that I lost weight- bonus! I even managed to fit into those student chairs a bit better, though the curve of the seat caused a suction effect that I could've done without- but it makes for good storytelling!

Lessons learned? I could have eaten less. That's it. I did the fruit and veggie thing for snacks, but I also did the cheese and cracker thing, and had a little homemade pound cake as well. I ate when I was hungry, and I ate when it was time to eat. 

But there is a second lesson learned. Sometimes when life is just too darned busy, you need to stop logging every morsel for a few days and see how well you do without it. Especially when you're running all day long and this isn't your 'normal'. The trick is to get back to 'normal' as soon as possible, and not let a few days off from journaling derail your progress!

P.S. I am exceeding glad that the faculty at the conference ate every scrap of the pound cakes my husband made- the vanilla was just too good with strawberries, and the chocolate-chocolate chip pound cake was addictive! I was glad I had a lot of classes to attend when that stuff was out. Seriously.

Today I went to the gym, and am back to food and exercise journaling. All I need now is to weigh-in to see where I'm restarting!

No comments:

Post a Comment