I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, August 10, 2015

Week Thirty: The Dear-God-My-Schedule-Is-A-Hot-Mess New Eating Lifestyle

Egad, it's week thirty already??

I managed to snag a doctor's scale when I took my kids for a checkup, and I've maintained. I'd be sad, but I ate like a starved piranha for the past two weeks, and behaved for most of the week this week, both in eating and exercising. So it's all good to me!

Yet there's another facet to this life which I must get accustomed to. Working. Not that I haven't been working as a wife, mother and writer, but it was time to start working a job that actually pays some fundage other than hugs and appreciative murmurs of content at dinnertime. Bills have to get paid, and my husband's overtime just isn't what it used to be.

Oh no, oh no, it's off to work I go!

The morning gym routine is squashed because that's when I work. I eat breakfast after I get home around 10:00 am (I'm working for a driving company), so there's a big gap between dinner and breakfast since I'm up at the crack of dark (that's 4:30- and the 'crack' part is me stubbing my dang toe in the dark.)

Get up, make the hubster breakfast (I take thyroid meds so I can't eat for an hour after I take it), take him to work, go to work, come home and eat. But I was prepared and took a banana with me- just in case the hungries got me.

I ate my banana on the way home and as we speak, I'm good. I might just have a piece of fruit in the mornings when I drive. It's almost lunch time and I'm not starving like I thought I'd be!

This was my first day on the job, and I did well. Now I just have to tweak my schedule so I can still get some fat burning in sometime during the day. It might be easier when the kids are back in school. We'll see.

Lessons learned:

Semi-pigging out and then behaving might let you get lucky in weight loss once in a while, but what would you have lost had you not ate so much?

Planning to take a banana with you was the best idea on busy mornings.

Come up with a plan to do at least some fat burning cardio at least three times a week. Especially after a four hour driving shift!

Look up some crockpot recipes for those days that are too hectic to 'cook'- and make sure you have all the ingredients!


Lifestyle changes along with dietary changes can make life a hot mess. But planning ahead, knowing your body, and tweaking schedules is something that needs to be done constantly in order to keep the mess at bay. Or at least most of it!

I don't like change. I like a steady schedule. So when things like this happen, it drives me straight up the wall, over the ceiling, and hangs me upside-down from the ceiling fan. I don't like it, but it's life, so I need to get used to it- otherwise life stops being interesting. And fun.

And if this job is going to be as busy as I think it is, I need more bananas!

No comments:

Post a Comment