I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, August 17, 2015

Week Thirty One: The Dear-God-I'm-Taking-Baby-Steps New Eating Lifestyle

The plateau is broken!

It's not a huge weight loss. In fact, it's rather small for the time I've been getting back on track. But it's an important weight loss.

The 292 pound plateau is broken. The 291.5 record is broken. I am now a svelte 288 pounds!

My new job helps. I drive first thing in the morning after dropping off my husband for work, so I take a banana with me to stem the hungries. By the time I get home, it's lunchtime, and I don't need as much food to feel full. The down side is I don't have time to log everything (or I forget to). 

But what about the title? What baby steps? Well, my nutritionist has told me that we will no longer be having monthly meetings, since I no longer need them as often. At first this was a blow- I looked forward to meeting regularly, even though we didn't have much to go over anymore, and she had a working scale. It was my safe zone, and I was becoming too dependent on those visits- and she knew it.

It was time to step out on my own. Egad.

That's also why the weight loss has slowed. I'm learning to do it on my own again, but this time, I have the tools I need to succeed. 

I found a place with an accurate scale at my husband's workplace. Okay, okay, it's a freight scale, but if the skinny people can weigh themselves, so can I! It's not a 'fat' thing at this point- it's an 'accurate weight measuring' thing.

The weight loss is slow. Very slow. But I'm still losing- and that's all that matters. it took me years to get this big, so it'll take a few more years to get it off. I don't need to have all the weight lost right this second. Baby steps not only with what I eat, but exercise as well, and getting that schedule fixed so I can do as much as possible without burning out.

It isn't easy!


Lessons learned:

Bananas are really good as a travel snack- as long as you have a plastic baggie to stuff the skin in when you're done and still on the road.

Coming home hungry and thirsty can be a good thing- as long as you have a big glass of water first, then eat.

Slow weight loss is still a loss!


 I have no idea how long this journey will take, but I feel thinner and more energetic each day. The hardest part isn't the eating and portion control anymore- it's getting the schedule right!


No comments:

Post a Comment