I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Week Thirty Two: The Dear-God-It's-Coming-Together New Eating Lifestyle

I'm not 'there' yet, but I can start to see my schedule coming together. Slowly but surely, I'll figure this thing out!

Food is still an issue, since bananas aren't always the best thing to have every single morning- not when you don't have a clue where the public bathrooms are and your job is driving all morning!

Fruit still is in the running, while veggies are not. For some weird reason, fruit keeps me going while veggies make me hungrier. So maybe it isn't a fiber thing, it's a sugar thing. If I can't make eggs for breakfast, fruit is the next best option. As long as I have enough that I'm not a starved piranha by the time my shift is over!

Water in the am is also an issue, for the same reasons. And both issues make it hard to go to the gym right after work- it's not good to be hungry and dehydrated whilst using the gym machines- skinny people might get eaten!
Okay, so the gym has water. Still working out whether I'd be better off eating lunch then go to the gym, or just taking a little extra with me to temper the hungries. Going to test out those theories this week and see what happens.

Lunch and dinners have been a bit heavier than I like calorie-wise, and I really need to watch myself before bad habits return. I bought a lot of green veggies this week, and I plan on 'salading it up' during lunch. That might just balance things a bit better- especially if the salad has some protein in it, like a boiled egg or some chicken.

I might be losing weight, but sitting in a van all morning isn't going to tone anything. I have to fit the gym into my day somehow, and my best bet is to do it before I get home. Home means rest (sorta), and once I'm in the door, I probably won't want to leave again!

The morning schedule is finished. Get up, take hubby to work, do my shift, come home before lunch. Except now I might try the gym before going home, and have lunch after I walk in the door. I'm still not sure how the rest of the day will work out, but at least half my day is planned!

Unfortunately since I started this new job, I still have am appointments for me and the kids for checkups. Most don't need rescheduling as they are on the cusp of the end of my shift, so I can work around that. But the ones that aren't are also the ones that were hard to get (of course!), so I have to make up those hours later on in the week. An new appointments will be done in the afternoons from now on!

Menu planning is on the list. You'd think crock-potting would be preferable, but I'd have to be up before the crack of dark to cut the veggies and prep the meat before going to work. I'm already up at 4:30, and that's early enough, thank you! Maybe a quicker crock-pot dinner if I came home and everything was defrosted first? Maybe. Either way meat needs to be taken out and defrosted in the am- or in the fridge the night before. But that requires brain function I usually don't have at night. Most morning people are zombies by 8pm. I am one of them.

As for the housework, writing, and crafting? I'll fit it in somewhere. I just need to get the basics down first!

Lessons Learned:

Plan menus at least twice a week so you don't have 'whatever' dinners consisting of leftovers and junk.

Plan appointments for after your shift to avoid loss of wages and make-up hours.

Plan time to clean before the dust bunnies get you.

Plan time to write- the more books you publish, the less driving you need to do!

Plan fun together- so no one else can take that precious time away from you and your family!

Plan rest breaks. Even God took a day off!


Now all I need to do? Plan time to make all of these plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment