I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, April 11, 2022

Year One, Week Twenty-Nine: Breaking Barriers

 300-pound goal? SHATTERED!


I usually don't give away weight numbers, but in this case, it's warranted. I'm now a svelte 298 pounds, folks. I made it into the two hundreds!

However, I'm only one-third of the way to the finish line- I still have about 140 pounds to lose.

300 was my weight after having each of my kids. I went back to 265 when I had my first child, but stayed at 300 after my second child. I remained at this weight within a five-pound range for almost a decade. Even now, I still have a hard time imagining being lighter than 300.

My next goal is 280, and after that, 265. That last number is what I weighed when I got married almost twenty-five years ago (not including the weight loss after kiddo #1). 

Maybe when I reach that goal, I'll show you pics of me trying on my wedding dress! Twenty-five years is a long time, and though I won't be that weight within the next month (our anniversary is 5/10), I should be in the dress before the end of the year- how exciting is that?

I'm finding myself not wanting to eat as much as a month ago. I'm almost to the point of OMAD, but not quite there yet, and I'm okay with that. One meal and a snack, and on a rare occasion, a minimal meal instead of a snack when I want to 'feed the machine.' 

The food choices are also changing. I'm adding in more veggies and doing almost an Atkins eating plan without actually doing Atkins- or is it called paleo now? It doesn't matter, because I still eat what I like, just a lot less of it. I don't feel the need to feed my face like before during my two-hour window. I don't do two-hour windows as often anymore; I'm usually done eating within forty-five minutes, enjoying each of those minutes, savoring every bite.

By the time we open our bakery, the temptation of eating everything I make will be easily thwarted. Besides, I can put the irresistible foods (like our fabulous soft, buttery rolls) aside for when my window does open! Fresh bread as a sandwich or toasted and buttered with a hearty bowl of soup is the best!

I've lost 65 pounds just by controlling when I eat and being aware of what my body tells me. That's it. There are no special diets that force me to eat chicken livers, non-fat cheese, or gluten-free bread. No gym memberships or strenuous workouts. Instead, I eat what I like, what my body likes, in a time frame I'd never thought I'd be able to do. 

I do exercises my body wants to do, like walking and doing the unthinkable- housework! Intermittent fasting has also given me the energy to do the impossible by starting a bakery with my husband- a dream we've had for almost twenty years.

Breaking all kinds of barriers this week!

I hope this blog inspires you to keep going and not give up; you can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment