I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, April 18, 2022

Year One, Week Thirty: Trouncing the Trifecta

Easter is the holiday of chocolate bunnies, Cadbury eggs, and my favorite, jellybeans. Those tiny, fruit-flavored ones. Total yum!

I did have a Cadbury egg or two and a few jellybeans (it's jellybean season, so it was a moral imperative), but I resisted my normal urges by eating all of them within a few days. Then my husband brought out the big guns- he made Easter Bread.


(Yes, this is the actual bread!)

Not the kind with the eggs inside (gross), but the flaky, chewy kind that's like a sweet Challa, topped with a vanilla drizzle. I thought it was great fresh out of the oven, but oh man, it was so much better the next day! Especially with butter. Everything is better with butter.

I also spent the past few days doing what I hadn't done regularly- walking. We had a warm spell, and my husband and I had a lovely few walks around the neighborhood. My joints were aching during the weather change (it's back to colder temps for the next week), but I managed to go quite a while without stopping for a break. 

Besides, I had Easter bread to walk off!

I stepped on the scale this morning, expecting the numbers to be elevated because that's what usually happens when I indulge in bread. Though I'd gained a little but not enough to tip the scales back into the three-hundreds! 

Take that, trifecta! I resisted over-indulging, walked often, and still managed to stay under 300 pounds- Hah!

I won't allow myself to get big-headed about it, though. I know if I keep skirting the rules my body set, it'll bite me in the butt next week. So I'll eat a bit less at least three times this week and forego bread at least four times.

Of course, when I have bread, you know it'll be the Easter bread. Heh.

Last week I started organizing some of the boxes in the store. We still have a ton of stuff from the move packed in there (and after six months of being here, we're not missing it much), so this week will be spent sorting and hauling more boxes into the Need and Don't Need piles. 

I'll be working off that Easter bread in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment