I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, April 4, 2022

Year One, Week Twenty-Eight: Tongue-In-Cheek Weigh-In

This month went by so fast that I almost forgot it was weigh-in week!

I behaved myself and stayed within my windows despite temptations. However, I got sick this week, so I didn't move much. Being sick also clogs my plumbing, so I had no idea what the scale would show me this weigh-in. I knew I'd lost weight; I just didn't know how much, and I stepped on the scale with excitement and trepidation.

Three hundred...point two.

Seriously?!?

I kinda feel like Lightning McQueen in Cars during the tiebreaker race. Maybe I should've stuck my tongue out to weigh less? Not that it mattered weight-wise, but I stuck my tongue out at the scale anyway. Humph.

Does a tongue weigh .03 pounds? That's all I needed to get into the two hundreds! 

Of course, the plumbing decided to work after weighing, measuring, and getting dressed. I considered disrobing and weighing again, but by that time, I'd drank water to take my thyroid medicine. I can't walk around undressed all day- it's too cold, and I didn't finish making the curtains for the house yet. No sense scaring the new neighbors because I'm waiting to pee. Double-humph.

Another reason I wasn't sure of the scale was my measurements. Let's take a look.

                  4 weeks ago:                    Now:                       Difference:       

Weight           303                          300                        -3 lbs.

Bicep              19"                        19-1/4"                    +1/4"

Chest             57"                        56-1/2"                     -1/2"

Waist          52-1/2"                     52-1/2"                      same

Thigh           28-1/2"                     28-1/2"                     same

Neck               17"                           17"                        same

Hips                60"                           61"                         +1"


Red used to be my favorite color- until now. That 'point two' aggravated me more than the three hundred did. But a loss is a loss, which means next month, I'll be in the two hundreds for the first time in over a decade- maybe even two decades!

My only concern now is that this weight goal is my biggest hurdle. Three hundred was my average weight for most of my adult life, and a body tends to remember where it was most comfortable weight-wise. But, as you can see from the results, my body is starting to fight back to avoid starvation and maintain this weight for as long as it can.

This means I need to step things up.

Better choices and more minor portions in my meals are a good start. I'm almost over being sick, so I'll get more active as I feel better. Maybe a few more greens and fiber-rich foods will help the plumbing issues. 

We recently went food shopping and filled our shelves with vegetables and fruity goodness, with plenty of lean meats for meals, so eating well will be easy.

This is going to be a fantastic week!



No comments:

Post a Comment