I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, February 22, 2021

Week Twenty Two: Getting in the Zone

I've started the motor. 

Revved it up a few times.

Coasted for a bit.

My engine started sputtering because I didn't give it enough fuel.

And now? I'm beginning to find my IF zone.

Image by PublicDomainPictures from Pixabay 

The week started out with me taking advantage of the Valentines' Day chocolate sales (which were semi-awesome) and ended with me feeling energetic and 'thin' again.

Yippee!

Up and down days worked well this week, though I admit, I could have done better in the salad department. I found myself wanting more after my protein-rich salad, and I indulged myself in something else more often than not- and the extra food wasn't even chocolate-related!

My energy levels went up quite a bit this week, and I got a lot done around the house. The only issue that's arising now is how the family reacts to this new lifestyle.

Some of it's good, but there are still a few things that I instilled in them due to my past bad habits that are harder to get over. Consistency is key to break my bad habits, but it's also the key to getting them to see that the changes aren't temporary. I've been exceedingly inconsistent for most of my life (oh, the irony of being consistent in my inconsistency!), so how else can I prove this isn't some fad diet, and I really can change unless I stick to this IF journey?  

I need to set the pace before they believe I'm in it for the long run. A lifetime run.

I'll be honest. It's a struggle sometimes, but I feel so much better about life in general by the end of the day. This IF journey is changing my body mass and the way I think and feel about life in general. I want to get out more. I want to do more in the house. A year ago, I was contemplating getting a wheelchair. Now I'm planning on taking long walks and looking forward to perusing the local malls (when the pandemic is over).

I'm even starting to like looking in the mirror because there's less of me to see! It doesn't always show in the pictures, but it certainly does in my mind's eye and reflection!

About all of that chocolate I bought- some of it was put into a small stash I keep for myself to enjoy on occasion. I had to have a small space to hide some goodies from the rest of the family because certain members would eat it all, and I started feeling binge-panic. Now that I have a little stash, I can store some goodies just for me, and it totally quells my need to eat everything before it's gone. 

And the funny thing? I hardly ever touch my stash. I had chocolate twice this entire week. I still have some of those Christmas Lindors left as well! I'm not in a panic to eat them, and that feels awesome.

I spent this morning cleaning out the fridge. I never do that. Especially not on a workday. I always saved my energy for work and waited until the weekend when I felt I could spare the energy to do it. 

The downside to this is I found a lot of wasted food because I'm not eating as much, and the family doesn't feel like eating the same things over and over. The freezer is getting very full of leftovers. I never thought we'd have to change the way we cook as well, but it looks like bulk cooking will only be for when the freezers (yes, that's plural) are a lot more empty. 

I am not a garbage disposal! 

I don't need to eat all of the leftovers!

And when the freezer is full, we don't need to cook!

WOOHOO!

The engine is revving, ready to run. And I can't wait to see where it takes me and how far I'll go!

No comments:

Post a Comment