I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, February 15, 2021

Week Twenty-One: Tweak Until It's Easier

January and February are usually the calm months after the celebratory storms. The big holiday celebrations are over, and things settle down as we pay off the holiday bills and plan for tax season. Jan-yawn-ary and Feb-blah-ary for most folks.

Not in this house. Two or more birthdays, game nights, the Superbowl, and all kinds of mini-eat fests going on. And of course this past weekend, Valentines' Day.

For the first time in at least a decade, we went out to eat for Valentines' Day. To be honest, it was the first time we could afford it! But we've been good, stuck to our budgets (sort of), and even though the city is somewhat shut down, restaurants are still open. Even the rare ones we like. So he made a reservation, and I tweaked my window so I would behave myself. 



I was hungry enough to eat more than half, but I finished off the entire thing mainly because I didn't want to take the last 1/3 to 1/4 home. I slowed down finishing off my plate as my husband ordered a dessert (for him- I didn't need one), and I took a small bite of his dessert just to taste it before finishing off my meal.

Ugh. Why do I keep doing this to myself? I was really full- I went to bed full as well because it was a two-hour dinner. However, that was my only overeating experience this week.

Let's just say today is a 'down' day. 

Oddly enough, I find myself falling asleep in the middle of the day on the weekends and even nodding off right before going to work during the week, yet, I have trouble falling asleep at night. This could be because I'm tweaking my food choices and windows a bit more. I had a little more bread during the week this week- but homemade pizza dough shouldn't count- should it? 

Nah. 

I am wondering if it's the yeast that's causing the problem and not the gluten. When I have crackers and biscuits I don't react the same as I do with yeasty bread. I've gotten tested, and gluten isn't the issue.

Here I am writing this blog, and thinking 'Gee, I wonder how many deals I can get on Valentines' Day candy today?' I go to a certain grocery chain for my job, and it takes me to many locations. And each store has different specials going on. 

It's salad day, Beth. Salad. Day.

So maybe I'll get two boxes of candy- one for the family, and one to stow away for myself. A little one, for that occasional craving. Hey, it worked for the Lindors! I still have a few left from Christmas- the rabid wolverines that are my family ate the rest- but I still have mine!

Tweak, tweak, tweak. That's what I love about this way of eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment