I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, March 1, 2021

Week Twenty Three: Home Stretch Pants

I did something this week I hadn't done in almost a decade. I bought some new pants! WOOHOO!

Image by heng jiguai from Pixabay 

I wish this photo was me. It's not. But this is how I'm feeling in my now exceedingly baggy sweat pants. 

Why is she so excited? You may ask. Because I'm not one to buy retail. Ever. But my pants were literally starting to fall off of my hips, and no amount of string tying was going to make them not look like I was doing a 'Hammer Time' video.

Besides, the inner thighs were nearly threadbare and showed so many scars from my previous hole-fixing stitches that even Frankensteins' monster would've been envious. It was time to get new ones.

But wait. My capris were also getting baggy and Frankenstein-y. Most of the shorts I have were already on the baggy side as well. Come spring, I'd be breaking some serious 'exposure' laws.

I'm not gonna lie- this is an awesome problem to have!

So I went online, perused my favorite shop, and got a few pairs of shorts, a few capris, a couple of sweat pants, and something I've never worn before- yoga pants.

Tim Hawkins was right in that song he wrote. They feel awesome against ones' cheek! Which cheek? I'll leave that up to your imagination. But they were so soft.

The best part? I purposely ordered some of them because they ran small. Forgive the pun, but do you realize just how huge that is?

I usually buy things that are roomy, stretchy, or larger than my so-called size. Yet I was confident that if they didn't fit now, they would soon enough. How fantastic is that?

The first lot of them showed up last night. It was the capris and two pairs of yoga pants. I tried them on this morning. 

All five of them fit.

One pair was tight, but I got them on. The other pair fit rather snug around my rear, but totally wearable. The rest were also a little snug around my calves but fit well. They could handle a bit more weight loss before I'd get arrested.

By springtime, I'm going to look fantastic!

The sweats should be in this week. I'm looking forward to trying on new clothes. 

Oh yes- I almost forgot. This blog is supposed to be about my eating, not my fabulous new pants. I did the up and down days three times this week, the down days being more 'up' than I wanted them to be. I think I did okay- not stupendous, but okay. The pants were a great confidence booster and came just in time.

Why? Because I weigh myself next week! Maybe it'll be warm enough so I can wear my new yoga pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment