I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Scale Melted

I don't know where you live, but here it's been a heat index of over 100 degrees- in some cases 115! So I wound up not going to the gym Friday OR Monday. Humidity that would shame an ogre's armpit is not something I want to ride my bike in!

If I had a scale, it probably would have been a puddle of plastic and springs, but since I go to the gym to get weighed...and I didn't go back yet...well, let's just say I might be thinner. I have no idea.

This was a tough week, because I had to make quick meals and stretch them out, so there was a lot of pasta being used. And if I didn't have at least a little of it, I would have had to eat the table. So I went for the lesser of two evils. Besides, I don't like the feeling of wood splinters getting stuck in my teeth!

I didn't have a lot mind you, but I can definitely feel a difference after a few days of eating it. I hope I lost, but I won't know until I bike my hind-end over to the gym tomorrow. The weather report says little humidity, so I might just survive the heat better.

As for me and mine, I plan on taking them to the pool to get a little exercise. It's a mile-long hike to get there, and we'll spend about three hours turning into pink raisins. Then we'll either walk home or get a ride, if my husband is home from work by then. Either way, the kids and I will sleep much sounder tonight!

I'll keep you posted as soon as I weigh myself. And tonight's dinner will consist of rice instead of pasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment