I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, July 18, 2011

One Step Back, Two Forward!

The title is a twist to the old saying; The original is just too negative for my taste!

This week we had to test recipes for funnel cake to sell at our yard sale, and of course, I had to test it as well- it was a moral imperative. Okay, maybe not-so-moral, but you get the idea. That and the super-special thing that happens to all females of the species once in a while that makes up blow up like a whoopee cushion showed on the scale this week.

But only a little. I gained a pound.

In perspective, a pound isn't really a lot for me- most times I gain at least five during the monthly event, not to mention the recent consumption of a lot of freshly made funnel cake. With powdered sugar sprinkled liberally on top. But that pound is still sitting there, waiting for me to do something about it.

So I did.

I went to the gym today for my regular workout, and found out as I was working on one of the machines I use to tighten belly muscles (aka 'abs', which are more like 'flabs' at the moment), that I was doing the exercise completely wrong. The instructor showed me how to do it right, and wow, what a difference! Now I hurt in a whole new way I never knew I could!

But it's a good hurt, if you get my drift. Muscles that ache a little are growing- it's when they begin to really hurt that you have a problem! One step back, two steps forward! I'm not giving up, and neither should any of you who are trying to lose weight too.

There will always be some ups among the downs, but if you're consistently going down and have very few ups, you're doing well. Especially when you stop eating funnel cake. No one is perfect, and neither will your journey down Weight Loss Way be either. In fact, I think those little plateaus make me more determined to get past them!

God bless! Don't forget to lick that powdered sugar off your fingers and go, go, go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment