I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Year One, Week Forty-Seven: Finding Balance

This past week was better than the last, but still quite stressful.

Trying to juggle three people struggling with three different stresses while all in the same house isn't easy. Throw in an eating plan, and things get more than a bit crazy.

It's not easy finding balance in chaos.

Image by Manfred Richter from Pixabay 

My daughter was told she was both accepted, then rejected by the same college, so we're still trying to sort that out.

My husband and I tried to sell my plants at a small, local farmers' market this weekend but only sold two plants because there was a fair going on down the road that garnered most of the paying patrons that usually peruse the market.

No job prospects for my husband last week, and I didn't find much available on the job sites this past week. It's hard to sleep well when stressed, and though I did okay for my eating windows, I ate too much or too long because my brain was in a fog.

But there is good news!

I got an email about a job offer over the weekend, and I did the interview yesterday. The interviewer likes me, and after a background check, they should get back to me in the next day or two about the position.

And they also suggested my husband apply because his skills would fit nicely into their company. However, he's debating with himself about it because he doesn't know how hectic this place is (triggering his brain stress disorder) versus staying home and focusing on baking and prepping the store for the bakery build.

Whether they take him or not, I think I got the job! I'll keep you posted.

Now, if/when I get this job, my IFing will have to change because I probably won't eat at work, simply because most of what I like to eat is freshly cooked. I know that sounds snobbish, but it's true- cold or microwaved scrambled eggs with veggies, meats, and cheese doesn't taste the same as fresh and hot from the stovetop. 

I could occasionally take a chicken cobb salad or meat salad (chicken, shrimp, or tuna). Still, I think on the whole, I might just make an early breakfast as my OMAD and maybe a small snack of something meaty like cold roasted chicken if I have protein pangs. 

Working is definitely going to keep me from bingeing!

The job is 9-5 with no weekends (Saturdays maybe twice a year), and I'll be sitting for most of it (sewing machine operator), so I'll walk on my breaks and take a lot of water with me. The drive is about 1 hour and 15 minutes, and that's a long day to not eat. I wouldn't get home until 6:15 at the earliest, so I think it's best to eat in the morning before work since I'm usually up early anyway.

I'll keep you posted on that as well.

This whole month was a blur. I still can't believe next week is my weigh-in. Honestly, I looked at the scale this morning, and it doesn't look good. But I'm still hopeful.

I'm praying this week will get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment