I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, August 1, 2022

Year One, Week Forty-Five: I Did It Again

The week went well, but the weekend! Why do weekends torment me so much?

Well, we had friends over, for one. But that's no excuse for eating like I did. And I realize now that this seems to be a pattern with me. Get near a goal or have a great few months, then BAM- binge attack!

Why, oh why do I keep doing this to myself?

I wasn't quite in a food coma this weekend, but it was close. I still feel bloated and tired.

Image by Isa KARAKUS from Pixabay 

I guess this is why food addicts like myself must always stay in check. Let me off the leash, and I eat all the garbage. Bad human! Bad!

Am I going to hate myself for this foul-up? Nope. But it's okay to get a little mad, as long as the anger brings about positive change.

The last time I binged was a while ago, and the binges seem less frequent. I'm also not eating myself into a stupor when I do binge. I probably wouldn't feel as bad as I do today if I hadn't eaten any bread- but I did, and so I do. I knew better, but I still did it. There was also a ton of our homemade pasta salad leftover from two events we attended, and my husband wanted everyone to eat the rest because there were a lot of leftovers. I added meat into the mix, but it was still a lot of pasta.

And the bread and pasta were delicious

I refuse to beat myself up over it. It's eaten, and the weekend is over. Now to move forward.

Since we live in the boonies, it's hard to go grocery shopping, and I'm out of lettuce. Since it's mid-summer, there's a good chance the farmers don't have much lettuce (it's a colder weather crop), but I'm putting a shout-out to find some. I need a few salads this week that don't involve pasta.

We did find some cool purple sweet peppers I can't wait to try, so maybe I'll make some kind of meat salad like ham or chicken to put inside the peppers for a chilled lunch. So yummy!

I stepped on the scale this morning and wasn't happy with the numbers, but I knew that would happen. So why did I do it? To motivate me to stay away from bread and pasta for as long as possible. Knowing that it bloats me and makes me gain weight is a good deterrent, though I'll be honest- if I'm craving it, I won't deny myself. But I'll wait until I'm truly craving it before I eat any.

As for exercise, I haven't done much because of the heat. Unfortunately, humidity isn't my friend, and I melt when the weather is what I call 'ogres-armpit' humid. We have one air conditioner downstairs, and it's in my sewing/writing space, so that's where I plant myself when the weather turns volcanic.

And we've been test-baking, so the kitchen radiates heat like a...well, like an oven. I can't wait until we get this store cleaned out and start baking there instead.

I promise I won't test the baking. I'll leave that up to my husband and daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment