I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, September 13, 2021

Week Fifty-One: Almost there!

One more week until I reach my first year of Intermittent Fasting! How awesome is that? 

We'll also be celebrating the pending sale of our home and moving onto our next adventure- A new home business. We'll be living in a small town for the first time, so this will get interesting. 

A new year, a new life, a new experience in my IF journey.

Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay 

For now, it's a time to breathe, rest and recoup before the next step.

The house is empty. The TV is in storage. My crafts are gone, and most of my writing stuff is packed. We have a two-to-three-week gap between the sale of this home and the settlement of our new home. So, for now, there's nothing left for me to do except relax.

This is a good thing initially, but boredom will set in eventually if I know me (and I do). And when I get bored, I tend to graze. Part of that problem is dealt with- I packed most of the snacky stuff. Yes, it's still in the house (no food in the storage unit), but I have to really make an effort to get to the goodies. So if I want to munch, I'll make myself work for it first. This is where laziness can be beneficial.

Most of the work I'll be doing now is mental. I'm glad I didn't pack my laptop- this thing is my primary source of distraction from nibbling outside of my eating windows. So maybe I might not be bored after all.

And I don't mean by watching cat videos either.

I need to set up the preliminary pages for our new business. We want to promote better food for better eating- all as close to farm-fresh and from scratch as possible. Business T's and I's must be crossed and dotted before we launch. Social media accounts must be created, websites made, and forms need to be filled out.

This move will get us next door to so many farm-to-table sources that even if we weren't starting a new business, we'd be eating better. Surrounded by fresh meats, milk, and produce with the giant mega-markets about an hour away, all we need to do is drive around the neighborhood to get almost everything we need.

Of course, winter will be different, but we can still get good quality produce for a lot less money because we'll have access to restaurant supply stores. We might invest in a greenhouse in future years, but for now, we'll use what's available until the farmers have crops next year.

Did I mention I'll be the primary baker in our Bakery Cafe? Yep, and when I bake, I usually don't eat. But, like I said before, this is going to get interesting really fast.

One thing I'd made sure not to pack was my measuring tape. I'll be using that next week for my one-year check-in!

No comments:

Post a Comment