I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, April 6, 2015

Week Twelve: The Dear-God-I'm-Getting-There New Eating Lifestyle

I went to my nutritionist Friday, and we happily broke out the scale. I couldn't wait to see the new, lower numbers!

It was a bittersweet moment; The numbers were lower, but not as low as I expected. 300.5 lbs.

I lost almost five pounds! That was fantastic, but I had expect to lose at least eight- even if I'd gotten into the 200's I would've been ecstatic- so why was I feeling upset at a four and a half pound loss?

Because I had expected more. I was really good and only messed up a few times this month, but I exercised over what was required of me. So why didn't the scale show it?

Two possibilities. One, I misjudged the amounts I had eaten (sometimes I'd let the computer calculate instead of putting in our recipe), or my body's metabolism is slowing down. Maybe a little of both.

The nutritionist recommended more exercise- for me, that would be vigorous household chores and yard work (mainly concerning our garden at the moment) or walking or riding a real bike on top of the 40 minutes I do one the exercise bike. If that doesn't do anything in the next month, then we start cutting down the daily intake.

I really, really, really don't want to do that! I'm giving the house and yard a good look-over to see what I can do that will spend some serious calories since I can't afford the gym right now.

Hand-mowing grass? Check. 
Digging out the garden plots? Check.
Lopping down all the branch fodder for the fire pit? Check.
Walk around the neighborhood looking for more wood and branches? Double check.
Removing all of the ivy, bricks and railroad ties in the front yard? Triple check.

Egad, I'm already tired! But these are things that take time and most aren't done in one day. Good thing for me, huh? And this doesn't include the housework!

The downside is most of my work is done in the home, sitting on my posterior. Paper crafting, sewing, and writing, writing, writing take up most of my day, and help bring in a little extra money. I'm going to have to revamp my schedule so I fit in more activity- or she is going to cut my calorie intake. *shudder*

I've lost a total of 34.5 pounds- 20.5 of them were doing this new eating lifestyle. I hope to keep on losing 1.5 to 2 lbs. a week on average, and slow it down to 1-1.5 when I get in the 250's. I'm still having trouble celebrating the five pound loss, but next month I'll definitely be in the 200's. WOOHOO!

Lessons learned:

Put in the homemade recipes- I might be consuming more than I think!

Exercise is good, but moving around for more than 20 minutes at a time along with my exercise bike is also a good way to get fit and burn calories.

Any loss is a good loss. Especially during jellybean season.

Menu plans will help reduce waste in the fridge, and help prevent "slapped together" dinners that usually have more calories.

Planning time to do everything will help me achieve everything and not get so overwhelmed.

Walks need to have a purpose or I won't do them. Get husband to fix the wagon so I can go on more "twig runs".


Well, I didn't make the goal I wanted this week, but I did drop some more poundage! The best part? Next month I know I'll have gone down past my first main goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment