I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, April 27, 2015

Week Fifteen: The Dear-God-I-Bought-New-Undies New Eating Lifestyle

New undies. I never knew undergarments could make a big woman so happy.

At least until I realized they were two sizes smaller!

I was a 22-24, and now I'm an 18-20. Is that awesome or what? I'm still not buying a bikini-unless that sucker looks like a bodysuit with a Spanx sewn inside.

I'm not breathing heavy when I go up the steps anymore. I'm willing to walk farther in the parking lot, and don't mind walking a few blocks to meet up with my husband a little sooner when he's coming to get me in the van. In fact, it's becoming fun!

It's starting to get warm here, and the garden is getting planted bit by bit. There's a ton of yard work and when the rain stops I'll go out and rake, pull weeds, sweep, and cut up more fodder for our fire pit. I put a healthy dent into the brush pile last week, but there's still a lot to do.

Sometimes I find myself just sitting outside and enjoying the sun on my face when I take a break from the house. I think part of me is solar powered- I feel great afterward! Maybe I just needed to get out of the house for a little while. The quiet is nice too, along with the chirping birds and scampering wildlife. Exercise is good, but sometimes you need to stop to recharge the spiritual batteries.

Food-wise the calorie counts are good, but I want to do better. I want to stay under 1500 calories a day consistently. I go over at least twice a week. Not a lot over mind you, but I'd really like to have those counts at 1500 or less on a regular basis. And no, doing exercise doesn't count- I'm still consuming more than I should, even though MyFitnessPal adds the extra calories "earned" by exercising. Just prepping myself for the day I might have to cut back.

There's a limit to my time allowed for exercise, because I like doing the indoor stuff by myself, and have yet to get family and friends involved in daily walks/biking/whatever. My husband should exercise, but his time is even more limited than mine, and getting the kids outside is like trying to get a sloth to run a marathon- unless it's to go get water ice or ice cream. Sigh. Hopefully this summer will get their rumps moving through jobs and volunteer work.

In the meantime, I have a house to run, crafts to create, and books to read and write. My interests lead a sedentary life- one I still want to keep while starting an active one!

It's a beautiful sunny morning. I think I'll take a walk today in my new undies!

Lessons learned:

Buying just one or two new (and smaller) clothing items can really make you feel awesome!

I need to find ways to make walks/biking interesting- otherwise I won't do it!

All this experience might make a good book.

Clear broth soups for lunch allows me to have more calorie expensive dinners, making the menu more diverse.

Diversity is good! It prevents food boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment