I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, February 16, 2015

Week Five: The Dear-God-I-Have-To-Get-Back-On-Track New Eating Lifestyle

My new eating lifestyle derailed a bit this week.

What is it with all the celebrations and holidays? I don't remember ever going to to eat this much in a whole year, no less the past month! But birthdays come, invites are cast, and valentines day dinners get planned. Really good, tasty Valentines day dinners. At church. With filet mignon. 

Last week was bad enough, and I'm finding myself hard pressed to hop back on the train of better eating. It didn't help that I won a jar of jellybeans at the Valentines day dinner. Jellybeans and chips are my kryptonite- just not together. Ew.

For the most part I did manage to stay within my caloric limits- although I admit that jellybean jar is a lot less full that it was before my husband and I had a movie night at home. Those tasty little Beans of Joy disappeared faster than politicians under surveillance. The kids and my husband helped, and now the jar is half full- or half empty, which is the better perspective concerning dieting- I mean a new eating lifestyle.

Exercise was as prominent as those politicians- I exercised when I remembered, but I didn't remember it very often. I should have remembered to exercise on movie night- I could have eaten more jellybeans. But alas, twas for naught, and I went to bed right after the sugar crash.

What I learned this week:

Get back on the dang bike. Schedule it. Plan it. Get it done early in the day when my energy is high and no one is in the house to tell me my girth is blocking the TV.

Set up snacks. I stopped cutting veggies for snacks and am paying the price. I used to cut enough for a day or two, that way I could grab and go. If it's not there, I grab other stuff that isn't good for me (yes, the Ghirardelli squares are still present and mostly accounted for) and I wind up grazing. Grazing is when you pick a little here and there until you consume a billion calories, yet never know it until you hit the scale. Ugh.

Find low-calorie recipes and meals that are within the 300-400 calorie mark. The more the better.

Stop bringing bad goodies in the house. Chocolate, jellybeans and chips will rarely be allowed in the house. I'm not saying never, because that's all I'll want. I won't deny myself a taste once in a while, I just won't buy the mega-pack, super-duper sized monstrosities that are supposed to feed a horde. I can get the same satisfaction from a single serving bag. I won't buy the bags in bulk either!

Find a place to weigh in. My docs office will no longer allow me to do impromptu weigh-ins. My nutritionist appointments are too far apart to stay on track (about once a month). I need a place that has a 300+ scale that will allow me to weigh myself without an appointment. The search continues.

That being said, I have no idea what I weigh- but I feel thinner, despite the Jellybean Incident.

Keep me in your prayers. Especially since I bought a comfort foods cookbook that doesn't have calorie counts on the recipes!

1 comment:

  1. Today is a new day with no mistakes in it! A favorite quote from the Anne of Green Gables movies.

    ReplyDelete