I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Watching Before You Eat!

To start things off, I gained two pounds. But I also know why.

I didn't overeat, which I tend to do when it's something yummy. But I also didn't drink enough water, and that always makes me gain. My body goes into dehydration mode, and I start conserving water like a dry sponge. But that was only one small factor.

We went out for Chinese food this weekend as a treat, and I ordered the house special lo mien, thinking it was rice noodles. Only after I started feeling a little bloaty did I ask what the noodles were made of. Surprise! They were made of wheat!

Well, crud. I had already eaten my fill and packed up the other half for my lunch for today. It was no shock to see an additional two pounds on the scale this morning. You live and learn!

And I've learned what not to order in a Chinese restaurant- unless I ask first! My daughter ordered chicken and broccoli, so maybe I'll convince her to switch with me. She's ten years old and needs those carbs to grow anyway.

This week I have the bike, and I prayed all this rainy morning that it wouldn't rain during my ride to and from the gym. God is good, and I stayed dry! Now it can rain all He wants- until Wednesday morning when I have to ride again! Prayer works!

So remember this little tip from me to you- watch what you eat before you eat it. You never know what's in it unless you ask! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment