I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Weight Lost!

Sorry I took so long in getting back here- the holiday weekend totally threw me off!

I am happy to report I am now under 310! I'm a svelte 308.5. WOOHOO!

I'm reading this book called Thin Within- it's not a diet, but a biblical way of looking at eating habits. So far I'm on day 5 (chapter 5) and found two interesting things that really struck me as ingenious:

One- Ever see thin people eating diet food? No. So why are WE? I tossed out the diet foods long ago and I'm glad I did! This just drove home the point I was doing the right thing. I eat REAL cheese, REAL ice cream, and all that good stuff like meat, fruit and veggies. I just am careful about how much I stick in my mouth!

Two- Your stomach is about the size of your fist. To be satisfied but not overly full, don't take more than a 'fistful' of foods at a meal. WOW! This really blew me away (I have tiny hands..lol!) Portion control was always an issue with me, because i could never tell just how much six ounces of this was, or four ounces of that was.
Now I can look at my own fist and see what I should be taking- in total, mind you, not a fist of meat and a fist of veggies. I can out my portion on a six-inch plate and know that is exactly what I should be eating, since I have no idea (yet) when I consider myself 'satisfied'.

I put this to the test the other day and had a 'fist' of dinner that included roast chicken with gravy, and buttered broccoli and carrots. When the plate was empty I was done (I usually go for seconds). My mouth wanted more, but I just sipped my drink while everyone else finished (first glass was homemade iced tea, the second was water). By the time everyone was done, I actually felt satisfied! If I had eaten more like I wanted to, I would have been too full. I was amazed!

So now I'm doing it for each meal, no matter what- and the scale is starting to show it!

The only down side this week is that I have a head cold, so I had to cut short two of my workouts this week due to a massive headache and weakness. But I still went, and I still tried- that's the important thing! I'll be resting today and drinking a lot of fluids. I want to get better fast so I can go back to the gym next week!

People are starting to notice I'm losing weight, and that my shape is changing for the better. When I don't lose, I use those comments to keep me going!

God Bless, and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment