I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Year One, Week Forty-Three: Here a Tweak, There a Tweak

So much going on this week that my head is spinning!

Lots of stress. Lots of opportunities to binge and make myself miserable. 

It wasn't easy, but I persevered. Of course, it helped that I did a lot of tweaking. 

Image by Alexas_Fotos from Pixabay 

A lot of tweaking.

The hungries hit hard this week. I added a lot of veggies to my meals and not much rice or potatoes, so maybe that's why. Veggies don't fill me up, but meat does. From my perspective, I'm feeding hundreds of vegans and vegetarians each year by eating the animals that eat their plants! I'm a meatatarian and proud of it.

Seriously though, I don't have an issue with vegans or vegetarians. I tried doing it and found my body had to have meat to remain healthy- and sane. So we can agree to disagree here, folks. I love you no matter what you eat.

Sometimes I ate twice a day because my body said so- not just hunger pangs (those I can drown easily), but the kind of hunger that makes you feel off, like what I'd eaten wasn't what my body wanted, nutritionally. So then I'd sit there for a minute and listen for what my body craved. Sometimes it was protein, sometimes it was veggies or fruit. 

Last night I was craving potatoes. Oh man, did they taste good! After eating them, the hungries settled for the night and left me alone this morning.

And I'm still losing weight. Not a ton, but the scale continues to show lower numbers.

I'm in it for the long run- like, forever. Wow- nine more weeks, and it will be two years since I started!

If you think about it, it took me twenty-five years to get this big. Longer, actually, since I was a svelte two-sixty-five when we married. The last time I was under two hundred was in my late teens- almost thirty-five years ago. Using my current weight, an average weight loss of thirty-five pounds a year beats the stuffing out of my weight gained!

I still have another one hundred and forty pounds to go, so if my average stays that way, I should reach my goal weight in four to five years. After that, I will be my thinnest at nearly sixty- how crazy if that?

So I'll keep tweaking, listening, and eating when my body demands it. Looking forward to weigh-in week next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment