I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Year One, Week Forty-One: Rough Week Weigh-In

The Creation Festival was fantastic!

It was also exhausting.


I worked the face-painting booth and sat in one position for hours in 90-degree heat. I used to do this professionally, so once I was in my zone, the world around me disappeared, and it was just me and the child I was painting (and one adult who wanted shark teeth on his thumb and index fingers so he could 'bite' family members!)

My eating windows were all over the place. Sometimes I ate before the event, and one time I forgot to eat until I got home around dinnertime. I definitely overate, and sometimes they'd offer ice pops while we were working to help cool us off, so my fasting period wasn't as long as it usually was.

I'm glad I did it, but I'm also happy it's over.

Let's take a look at those numbers, shall we?

        4 weeks ago:                    Now:                       Difference:       

Weight           295                  294                         -1 lb.

Bicep              20"               19-3/4"                      -1/2"

Chest             55"                   56"                         +1"

Waist           51-3/4"            51-1/2"                      -1/2"

Thigh           28-1/2"               29"                         +1/2"

Neck               17"                  17"                         same

Hips             59-1/4"               60"                        +3/4"


Looks like I have a few more mountains to climb. A one-pound loss isn't much, but it's still a loss- I'm headed in the right direction!

I need to find new exercise methods because being in that wonky position during face painting messed up the tendon on the side of my knee. I hurt it before, so I know staying off of it and keeping my legs straight will allow it to heal, but for the moment, my walking is limited.

I weighed and measured myself yesterday morning, but since it was a holiday, I decided to forgo the windows and satisfy a few cravings. So, after the parade and enjoying the entertainment at the local fair, I watched a movie with my family while snacking on a huge bowl of homemade sour cream and cheddar popcorn (the flavoring was a powder made for popcorn.) 

It was so worth it!

So this week's agenda is resting, sewing, and planning satisfying meals. I've been craving baked potatoes lately. I love me a hot baked potato!

The past week was rough but not as difficult as I thought. I managed to stay away from bread and pasta and got a lot of protein. I will say one thing, though- I'm getting tired of ham and eggs! I had them a lot this week (because they're easy and quick to make), and though I love them, I've had my fill for now.

My next weigh-in is in three weeks because I forgot to take my numbers last week. In a few more weeks, I'll be Intermittent Fasting for two years- Wow!

Looking forward to a new week filled with promise- and baked potatoes!


No comments:

Post a Comment