I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, May 9, 2022

Year One, Week Thirty-Three: The Hungries Out of Hibernation

Spring has sprung,

the grass has risen,

My stomach is won'dring

Why the food is missin'!

Ah, Springtime. Time for warmer weather, the smell of growing things, and animals waking from hibernation. But it isn't just the bears rising from slumber. My stomach has decided it's a bear that hasn't eaten all winter and wants sustenance. Now.

Hey! Where's the pizza?

I hear it complaining earlier and earlier each day. To be honest, I have no idea why, since I've been feeding it well when my window opens! The only reason could be the spring weather.

Yesterday was Mother's Day, and since things are a bit tight, I opted for us to get Chinese takeout and watch a movie when we got home from church. Chinese isn't a very meat-heavy meal, but I enjoyed every grain of rice and every lo mein noodle that came with it. So satisfying. 

For the first few hours. Then I started feeling empty again. 

I digest like it was a sport. My body is so used to a big meal once a day that it digests as fast as possible, hoping I'll give it more. And when I refuse, it gnaws on my backbone and growls like an annoyed Momma Bear. 

But I know that growl is saying more than 'FEED ME!' It's also saying, 'Now I have to go into the reserves to get a snack, you heinous wench.' And that means I'm about to burn off some serious energy stores. Yay!

Spring also means I can be outside for a bit without my knees complaining. I went for a few short walks, and as long as I stopped for short periods, my joints were satisfied with my slow progress around my property. Of course, the fresh spring air didn't hurt either.

I have to admit, sometimes I let the hungries get to me when I should be ignoring them. I don't feed them, but I get annoyed and try to drown them, even though I feel waterlogged already. To be even more honest, I'm still sitting too much, and though I have a lot to do mentally and physically, I get tired of doing the same stuff, and I get bored. 

Boredom makes the hungries more noticeable and much harder to ignore. 

Scheduling activities that strengthen my mind and body should help. For example, using a timer to break jobs into smaller bits so I'm not sitting for more than an hour. Exercises within my mobility levels so I can strengthen my stamina. I keep telling myself I'll do these things, but for some weird reason, I don't. But not this week!

It's like the beginning of my IF journey but with activity this round. Again, consistency but flexibility should allow me the freedom to not get bored. Or at least when I do, switch gears before I hear my stomach growling.

The only thing I'm consistent in is my inconsistency! So this week, I can use that to my advantage by shaking up my work schedule- but not to the point of being anal about it. If I must finish something, I complete it before moving on or working until I can pause without losing momentum. The alarms won't manage me; I'll manage them- Just like the hungries!


No comments:

Post a Comment