I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Year One, Week Thirty-Four: Binge Weekend

Well, It finally happened. The hungries hit right when I had an opportunity to eat- for an entire weekend. My husband and I volunteered to help at a farm/campground with his men's ministry, and the guys would provide the food.

There were no windows. There were no boundaries. I fully intended to only eat when there was something I don't typically have, but almost everything there was something I hadn't had for a long time. So I ate. And ate. And ate some more.

Photo by Tim Samuel

I ate way past being full. I fed the machine until the machine could barely function. And then I ate some more. By the end of the weekend, the hungries were finally sated, and I was feeling like a beached whale.

But the fun doesn't stop there. That night, I was feeling not-so-hot. At two in the morning, I was singing praises to the commode. Yep, you guessed it- I had a slight case of food poisoning. The consequences of overeating weren't lost on me as I sat in misery yesterday with a 100.5 fever. It's not fun when your body decides to clean house within a few hours.

I wanted nothing to do with food again. Ever. Even the smell of it made me feel ill. 

The only thing I did was sip water for most of the day until I realized the headache I was developing was due to not eating. I had a little green tea which helped, but around 4 p.m. I asked my husband to make me some of his homemade chicken rice soup. That was the only food that didn't make me gag when I thought about it.

Despite my vow to never eat again, I started feeling a little better after having the soup. Unfortunately, I'd also slept on and off most of the day, which is why this post is a day late. Not that my fevered brain would've been able to concoct a post in the first place. So I read when I could and napped when my body wanted, often right in the middle of a chapter. Even after all those naps, I still slept like a log the entire night.

If this is what a binge hangover is like, you can have it!

Today, I feel much better, though still a little wobbly. I think this experience will help me cut down on my daily food intake as I'd planned last week. The funny part is, I was eating less during the week before this debacle happened! 

I refused to weigh myself the entire weekend, but I was curious and stepped on the scale this morning. I hadn't lost anything (which was no surprise), but I didn't gain any weight either (which was a total surprise.) So I think God gave me a chance at a do-over- a chance I'm not squandering!

Mischief managed, lessons learned. I'm back to my one-hour eating window today, and food is still not overly appealing at the moment, but I know whatever I decide to eat will be eaten slowly and savored. In the meantime, I'm sipping water and keeping myself busy. 

In the end, the binge wasn't worth it. Next time I'm taking Tupperware!


No comments:

Post a Comment