I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Week Thirty-Seven: Chugging Along

This has been a pretty productive week!

The impact on the house wasn't as profound as I'd liked, but all other aspects went surprisingly well. My week was spent cleaning up messes that aren't seen regularly, like reorganizing dresser drawers, doing laundry, and cleaning bathrooms (okay, that room is seen regularly, but not the medicine cabinets within it). 

I've been a lot more mobile, and I'm finding I prefer my fasting down days better than my not-so-fasting up days- except for the weekends. Weekends are usually pretty awesome! 

When I eat less, I feel thinner. That makes me feel happier, stronger, and better about things in general, so I put more energy into getting things done. 

For once, a positive track!

Image by David Mark from Pixabay 

Even on my weekday up days, I still feel like chugging along, though not at the same speed as my down days. Speaking of chugging, I've also gotten into the habit of taking a water bottle with me whenever I'm driving somewhere. It really helps to resist the food smells when I'm doing errands! And if I take a big swig of water before I go food shopping, I'm less likely to get things I don't need.

Yesterday was a prime example. 

I was supposed to be writing this blog, but my daughter was job hunting, and since I had errands to run anyway, I put off the writing to supposedly get my errands done earlier. 

Hah!

I wound up leaving the house around 8am and didn't get home until almost 3pm. People seem to know when I'm out driving and ask me to do all sorts of things—people, meaning my husband and daughter. Things, meaning errands I can do that will save them a lot of time and trouble. 

Do I mind? Maybe a little. But that's mainly because it wasn't in my plans for that day. I wound up blessing my whole family because of it, and it kept me from eating until I was supposed to. Win-win for everyone.

My daughter also got a job on the spot, so the day was much more fruitful than expected. The downside is I lost my house-cleaning helper, who does all of my heavy lifting for me. 

Maybe I ought to add weight training to my household exercise regime? Muscle burns fat...right?

I also learned that I need to start scheduling things. Being at home can be a major time sink if I'm not careful. I don't want to go back to sitting on the couch for half the day again- no, no, no! 

I used to schedule things for the entire day, but if you're a mom/wife/homemaker, you know how well those schedules work. So instead of planning times for anything and everything, I've gone to my good old standby- the Daily List. Three Must-do's and three Should-do's. No more, no less. 

This blog post was the first on my Must-do list today!

I've started planning meals as well. My husband is working a lot of OT and does ministry on the weekends sometimes, so meal planning is essential. Kinda hard to cook anything you forgot to defrost the day before. Not that I've ever done that. Heh.

After this post, I'll be cutting up potatoes and carrots to pour into my crockpot, along with a (defrosted!) lovely pork roast dolled up with spices and a bit of butter. Dump-and-go meals are awesome, especially when I'm booked for the rest of the day. Both my husband and I will eat well tonight!

There's no looking back. Last month? Already forgotten. I'm looking forward to the future- and it's a great view!

No comments:

Post a Comment