I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, June 28, 2021

Week Forty: Skidding to a Stop

Remember the slope from last week? This week's focus was on stopping the slide. But, unfortunately, there are skid marks when you gain too much speed going downhill.

Image by 5598375 from Pixabay 

But success feels so good.

This week was about stopping the skid. It's hard looking back to see how far down the hill the slide took you. I was pleasantly surprised that my fall wasn't as far down as I thought, though I did see the consequences of my actions this week. So let's take a look at the numbers.

Original numbers:        4 weeks ago:            Now:              Difference:

Weight 363 lbs.                326                      328                      +2

Biceps- 23"                    19-3/4"                19-3/4"                 same

Chest- 61-1/2"                  59"                   58-3/4"                 -1/4"

Waist- 58"                     55-1/4"                 57-1/2"               +2-1/4"

Hips- 69-1/2"                62-1/2"                 62-1/2"                  same

Thigh- 32"                        31"                   30-1/4"                  -3/4"

Neck- 18"                     17-3/4"                 17-1/2"                   1/4"


I'm happy to say that I stuck to my guns this week. I was out of bed by 6:00am. I ate smaller portions. I put the chips on my plate instead of eating out of the bag. I had a salad for one of my meals and soup for others. Seconds weren't an option, though I did slip yesterday at dinner and immediately regretted it because I felt so full and bloated. Ugh.

I didn't get out as much as I wanted. We're in the middle of a heatwave now, so I won't be going outside until this weekend. I'll be active in my air-conditioned house instead.

I'd forgotten about an online writer's conference I'd wanted to attend, so I signed up for it last minute. It was four days long, from Wednesday to Saturday. The first and last days, I was sitting in front of a screen for about eight hours, but I was listening and taking notes for nearly twelve hours straight on Thursday and Friday.

So much for being active. If my brain was my body, I'd be a stick by now! It was worth every ache in my back and butt!

This week's goal is to stay the course concerning food and be upright as much as I can during my waking hours. My feet have swollen up a lot because of inactivity, and the house got a bit messier in my absence, so I'll have plenty to do between writing posts and other writing endeavors.

I'll never run out of housework to do!

Am I upset by the two-pound gain? Not really. I've gone off track the past two months, and I figured the weight would be one of the consequences. I'm not thrilled, mind you, but I'm delighted it wasn't more. Only consistency and determination will get me back under 326 pounds.

I've been looking at my overall progress, and I'm beginning to see a behavioral and dietary pattern. Lose, plateau, gain a little, lose, plateau, gain a little...but the loss numbers always beat the gains. Always. It also looks like I'm due for a loss- if I behave myself.

I'm looking forward to this month because we plan on visiting the mountains for a good trek and outdoor cooking over a campfire. There's nothing like walking out in the fresh air of a mountain forest. I feel terrific about the future in IF and the health of my body- and mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment