I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, April 12, 2021

Week Twenty-Nine: Doing Dumb Things

What a week!

I was driving for work and did something stupid that scraped my vans' undercarriage, then tried to correct it and wound up spraining two of my fingers. That was enough to fill my Stupidometer for the week, but noooo, I had to go above and beyond, just to prove how addled I truly am.

Image by A3DigitalStudio from Pixabay 

I went to a cookout this weekend. Why is that so bad, you ask? Because the cook who was cooking couldn't cook, and I wound up eating charcoal briquettes. Twice. All because I wanted to be polite.

After the first burger briquette, our host joked that he wasn't a cook and just slapped the meat on the grill and left it there for the guests to attend. You want a burger? Grill it yourself. I took up the challenge and asked him to put more meat on the grill. 

The food was almost done, but the coals had died down, and I asked if he had any more charcoal. Big mistake. He took the remaining charcoal and emptied it into the grill, and before I could say anything, he lit it. 

I thought these were the typical hard-to-light briquettes. Nope. He had quick starters. The flames were magnificent. But my burgers were now ash. I ate them anyway because I was the one that asked for them. 

Note to self; Never eat charred meat. 

I didn't sleep well that night. I woke up tired, and when my husband was making an early breakfast, I broke my IF protocol and asked if he'd make some extra for me. I ate good, solid food, and he said I was looking much better. Honestly, I had no idea I looked bad, but I guess I did! I ate more than I intended yesterday, eating three meals total. I didn't overeat, but it was still more than I usually allow myself.

Today I feel much better, and I slept a bit better last night. Today is a down day, and I have my meal already planned, so I shouldn't go off the rails today. I think the next time I'm confronted with hard-to-eat food, I'll politely decline and risk the consequences. It affected me more than I thought it would!

I still need to remind myself to eat good food on the weekends, now that I'm doing three down days a week. 

The good news is the chip consumption has gone down to almost half, and I don't crave them as much as I used to. I had a snack of fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream the other day that was so delicious, and we just bought more fresh fruit and veggies to incorporate into our menu this week. 

Fresh pasta made a fantastic lasagna, and we made more homemade bread for the family- and I haven't even wanted a bite of the bread! I've been growing kale, lettuce, and spinach in my sewing room, and it's almost ready to make my first home-grown salad and soup- I'm so excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment